ZIF Promotion?

OK this just showed up in my Hub Promotion box.....(on both my active selling accounts)

recped_0-1635979933724.png

A couple of odd things......

First, what is ZIF? So a Google search reveals this is a term used on .uk for Zero Insertion Fee.

Second, unlike every other promo ever(?) there is no link to click for the details.

I wonder if this was a hastily concieved replacement for the 100k promo that had been running for the past 12 months. They must have been in such a hurry to get the notice up they haven't even created a terms and conditions page for it? Or maybe this was a promo intended for .uk?

Anyone have any idea?

tyler@ebay 

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

ZIF Promotion?

OK I see an announcement was put up 30 minutes ago.......

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Zero-Insertion-Fee-promotion-extension/ba-p/469174

Still no details of the conditions but probably safe to assume it's the same as the one that ran up until October 31st.

It's like a trick AND a treat, a lump of coal for Halloween with the treat coming a few days later.

tyler@ebay 

Nevermind my previous tag! (unless you want to confirm that the terms for this promo are still the same.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

@recped wrote:

OK this just showed up in my Hub Promotion box.....(on both my active selling accounts)

recped_0-1635979933724.png

A couple of odd things......

First, what is ZIF? So a Google search reveals this is a term used on .uk for Zero Insertion Fee.

Second, unlike every other promo ever(?) there is no link to click for the details.

I wonder if this was a hastily concieved replacement for the 100k promo that had been running for the past 12 months. They must have been in such a hurry to get the notice up they haven't even created a terms and conditions page for it? Or maybe this was a promo intended for .uk?

Anyone have any idea?

tyler@ebay 

Thanks for heads up. Just arrived in my offers. Does not appear to be limited categories like the 10,000. That's still there and active but you have to open with tab to see it. I guess it's a reprieve til the end of the year. 

As per weekly Tyler was still investigating with a disclaimer....just in case.

-Lotz 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

I've been ending listings the last several days including some a few hours ago, only to abrubtly reverse course and relist them. What a Gong show!

The announcement mentions nothing about what categories this ZIF promo applies to ... apparently collectibles qualify. Relisted again with no fees.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

I've been ending listings the last several days including some a few hours ago, only to abrubtly reverse course and relist them. What a Gong show!

The announcement mentions nothing about what categories this ZIF promo applies to ... apparently collectibles qualify. Relisted again with no fees.

For me the shock was going from the original promo amount of GTC listings to about face and changing to limited categories only.  Testing my memory banks but have zero recall that these promos were for 1 year only. The longer the promo went on the harder it would be to cancel and leave sellers into a major predicament. I'd like to say I have 10,000 or even 1000 sales per month but that would be total whimsy. I'd be thrilled with 100 sales per month!!!

-Lotz

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

@recped 

@in-need-of-cash-too 

Anyone notice the little conflict.

This holiday season list more items with the100K ZIF promotion, ending December 31st

Start:3 Nov 2021 at 18:30 EDT
End:1 Dec 2021 at 0:00 EST

-Lotz
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

"conflict" yeah well sort of......

The promo this replaces was a monthly, on the other thread "someone" complained that there was no notice that it was ending completely, I think the text description of the promo is just to make it clear that the ZIF promo WILL end on Dec 31 (in line with the announcement).

As a general thing eBay needs to hire a few proof readers, the clarity of many announcements and help pages IS lacking, it's especially a problem because the reading comprehension of many eBay users is severly deficient.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

@recped wrote:

"conflict" yeah well sort of......

The promo this replaces was a monthly, on the other thread "someone" complained that there was no notice that it was ending completely, I think the text description of the promo is just to make it clear that the ZIF promo WILL end on Dec 31 (in line with the announcement).

As a general thing eBay needs to hire a few proof readers, the clarity of many announcements and help pages IS lacking, it's especially a problem because the reading comprehension of many eBay users is severly deficient.

According to Hub page it shows the same Dec 1, 2021. The 23:59 vs 0:00 gets used interchangeably . Presently it should end/deactivate then. To confirm 100% that would involve checking with their programmers.  Did you want to ask Mikey to confirm for us?

In theory anyone who received the most recent promotion should be having listings applied to it as first priority. With the original promo for 10,000 it was dependent on if you sold in those select cagegories. Not everyone does.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

Yes! I was ending listings and consolidating, only then to reverse! Arrrgghh...

But, at least now we have two months to prepare, and strategize!
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @recped - ZIF does stand for Zero Insertion Fee, and the terms and conditions page will be live a bit later today.

@lotzofuniquegoodies - just like your stores allotment and the other 100k promo, this is issued with a calendar month expiration, but you can expect to see another one as of December 1 that will expire at the end of the year.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

it's especially a problem because the reading comprehension of many eBay users is severly deficient.

Yeaaaah.

The worse the spelling in the post, the harder it is to explain that the problem is not a conspiracy aimed specifically at the poster.

I was taught (in Journalism school, Carleton University 1974) that first you spell out the term and only then do you abbreviate it.

On the bright side, now that we have all taken a deep breath and a deeper draft of Shiraz, all those closed listings can be relisted as Sell Similar and appear to be Newly Listed in terms of Search.  Or did I quaff too deeply of the Shiraz?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

ZIF Promotion?

@femmefan1946 

I didn't have any of the Shiraz but maybe I should have!!! <Darn invisible concurrently!!>

-Lotz

Message 12 of 12
latest reply