a buyer wants to return the item they bought. Do I have to pay for the shipping?

A buyer is unsatisfied with their order and wants to return it. They opened a return case, and I accepted it. Now what I want to know is do I have to pay for the return shipping?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

a buyer wants to return the item they bought. Do I have to pay for the shipping?

I think we answered this question on your other post. It depends on the reason for return. If it is Not As Described because it is faulty then you have to pay for the return. But if it is Buyer's Remorse because they changed their mind then they have to pay for return shipping with a tracking number.  And do not refund anything till you have the item back & have inspected it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, we need to know the reason they cited in their Return and, if it was Not as Described, whether the assertion is valid. All the answers are here: https://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

That link will tell you that if the claim falls into the category of MoneyBack Guarantee as opposed to a simple 'I changed my mind' remorse return, you will be responsible to provide either a Return label or postage funds for the buyer to purchase a Return label. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If eBay requires you to pay Return Shipping, you would be told in the Claim.

If they don't, the buyer is required to pay for return shipping. You refund promptly when the item is back in your hands.

Do you need to send a Return Shipping Label outside of Canada?You can send one to a US seller through Shippo.

If you haven't been using Shippo you will need a Canada Post Small Business Solutions number and a Shippo account.

Both are quickly available online.

If the buyer is in another country, it's more difficult.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply