buy canadian promo

I got this from ebay on the 8th of September- has anyone seen anything on ebay's site addressing this?

The Canada Post uncertainty made it a tough summer for many sellers. But with that behind us, it’s time to start listing the great inventory buyers are looking for.

To highlight your great Canadian inventory, eBay will launch a “Buy Canadian” event on September 19th.

Message 1 of 99
latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

buy canadian promo

Oh well. That's better than nothing.
Message 41 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: CABUYCANADIAN

The Coupon is for a $10 CAD discount off a minimum purchase of $50 CAD, valid for payments made through paypal before 10:00 PM Eastern Time on September 21, 2016. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items...

Message 42 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

And just in the nick of time. I have nothing to complain about at Board Hour now.
Message 43 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Actually, it's a good promo. Saving $10 on $50 is generous.
Message 44 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

yes, but think about the time frame, for the west coast people are coming home from work, making dinner, getting kids to bed etc and they are going to stop all that to shop before 7 pm....right.....

Message 45 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

The cut-off time seems a bit premature to me since 11:59 pm EST might be more reasonable. 

On the other hand, mine was spent by 3 pm CST. 

Message 46 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

@rainbow71113 wrote:

yes, but think about the time frame, for the west coast people are coming home from work, making dinner, getting kids to bed etc and they are going to stop all that to shop before 7 pm....right.....

Pity the people who don't find the coupon until AFTER they've done all that around 8:30 or 9.  They'll be disappointed and not very happy.  I guess that's the point of a "flash coupon", it has a small window.  I see their point, 20% off anything you want to buy is VERY generous so if it went on very long they would lose alot of money.  It also keeps everyone looking, checking, watching, hoping for the next one, especially as Christmas gets near because there is so much to buy.

Message 47 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

I think that's it exactly. Those who don't see it until after it expires will make sure they check the emails from eBay more quickly next time. 

Message 48 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

@mjwl2006 wrote:

The cut-off time seems a bit premature to me since 11:59 pm EST might be more reasonable. 

I spent mine 2 hours ago. Took awhile to find something to purchase for as the most interesting choices where just under $50 in value... or way way over that...

After I bought, the lightbulb clicked on in my brain, and I went and increased a few of my listings temporarily up to the $50 eligibility level. Should have done that when the promo started...

-..-

Message 49 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I spent mine 2 hours ago. Took awhile to find something to purchase for as the most interesting choices where just under $50 in value... or way way over that...

After I bought, the lightbulb clicked on in my brain, and I went and increased a few of my listings temporarily up to the $50 eligibility level. Should have done that when the promo started...

-..-

Very true, I also looked for something valued at exactly $50 to use the coupon. Notes for next time. 

Message 50 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

I didn't use mine-nothing came to mind that I wanted, and I wasn't going to spend money just for the hell of it  AND no one bought anything in my store   😞  but then I didn't expect anything, I've actually had less sales since the promo...LOL....

Message 51 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

well, canada post is doing some damage control, they are offering "a" free shipment in Canada every Tuesday in October

Message 52 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

The 'free Tuesday' CPC promo confuses me a little. Why Tuesday? Because fewer people shop Monday night?

It's too bad the Buy Canadian promo and coupon didn't work for you. I had a buyer purchase placed which made it easier to spend mine. Otherwise, business has been at an all-time low. There is always a bit of a summer slump but this summer with the postal strike it went into a nosedive and hasn't recovered yet.

The Buy Canadian promo is welcome and working to some extent.
Message 53 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

@mjwl2006 wrote:
The 'free Tuesday' CPC promo confuses me a little. Why Tuesday? Because fewer people shop Monday night?

(1) Thanksgiving Monday is a postal non-event.

(2) Monday is postal processing for Monday and the weekend accumulated mail, so Tuesday usually is less busy (except at Thanksgiving)

(3) Tuesday works as a Canada Post advertising event for the rest of the week.

(4) This way Canada Post can skip Halloween... and only have 4 free days instead of 5

-..-

Message 54 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

And people associate Tuesday with cheap already I suppose. Wedenesday is Hump Day. Thursday is nice. I can see how Free Friday would be problematic, although it has a nice ring to it.
Message 55 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

@rainbow71113 wrote:

well, canada post is doing some damage control, they are offering "a" free shipment in Canada every Tuesday in October

community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canada-Post-Free-Shipping-Tuesdays/m-p/351437

-..-

For Solutions for Small Business (VentureOne) members:

One (1) free Canada Post shipment on each Tuesday of October.

* Shipments are within Canada, must be sent using either Expedited parcel or Xpresspost

* Maximum weight of 5kg

* Free shipments must be processed using a Canada Post online tool: Express Order Entry or Electronic Shipping Tools (EST). Not available over the counter (or through PayPal)

* Canada Post will provide a Promo Code to Eligible Members on the CP webpage each Tuesday

* Code that must be entered at the time of the shipping purchase. Note: eligible hours for Tuesday are set using the Eastern time zone

* October 4, 11, 18 and 25, 2016 (Eastern Time zone)

* Details (and code): https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/freeship/default.page?

-..-

Message 56 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

I suppose this is when I am forced again to complain EST doesn't officially support any browser but Explorer. Other people have told me they use Safari with success and, I'm assuming, Chrome. Nothing to lose in trying if the label is free, I guess.
Message 57 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

thanks for that additional info- I've only done shipping through paypal or Chit Chat/Stamps.com so I'm not sure how to print labels through those, will have to do some research.  Of course they announce this a week after I've already shipped my Christmas package to BC through Chit Chat- I could have waited 3 weeks..LOL

Message 58 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

To return to the subject of the "Buy Canadian" promo, I would have liked to see eBay add a short photo tutorial to the "Buy Canadian" landing page, showing Canadian buyers how to search for items located in Canada on any day, and encouraging them to do so not just during this promotion.  

I'd bet the majority of Canadian buyers aren't aware of, or never bother to use the "Canada only" filter. 

Not that the promo has made any difference for me so far.  I'll be happy if I get even one sale during the time it runs. 

Message 59 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

I'd like to see Buy Canadian run in perpetuity.
Message 60 of 99
latest reply