can someone who didn't pay me can leave negative feedback?

can someone who buy a item but didn't pay me can still leave negative feedback?

i got 100% feedback score  I want to leave him a negative feedback but i dont think it worth loosing my 100% score for that.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, it you are not paid no transaction has occurred, so if you received a negative, a quick call to eBay would get it removed.

BTW You can't leave a Buyer anything but positive feedback, anyhow. It's been this way for years now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No, it you are not paid no transaction has occurred, so if you received a negative, a quick call to eBay would get it removed.

BTW You can't leave a Buyer anything but positive feedback, anyhow. It's been this way for years now.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This is why negs for buyers was eliminated. They were all retaliatory in nature. You did not lose anything yet you feel the need to injure someone? File the UID so it is against them.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Alternatively, there is a Report a Buyer link at each transaction that can be used to notify ebay of untoward behaviour. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes.

Unless you opened and won an Unpaid Item Dispute.

It is the UID that ends the transaction and prevents the feedback. (You won't be able to leave any feedback either.)

So, if you have not already done so, go to the Resolution Centre and open the UID.

The first suggestion is to contact the buyer, since you have already done that, escalate to a Claim.

If he pays, ship.

If he doesn't the UID ends, you get your FVF back (Yay! Money!) and he gets a Strike that makes it more difficult to buy on eBay in future.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Alternatively, there is a Report a Buyer link at each transaction that can be used to notify ebay of untoward behaviour. 

"untoward behaviour"?

Snicker

guffaw

chuckle

Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yeah, you know, the kind of behaviour that makes a seller wonder if they can leave negative feedback for a buyer.

I use the Report a Buyer link on a regular basis, for whatever good it does.

Most commonly, it's to complain about people allowing their children to shop on their iDevices and then not pay. Even better, when 3.98 days later I get the Cancel request which is then never acknowledged, leaving me hanging out to dry another ten days before it expires on its own. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Yeah, you know, the kind of behaviour that makes a seller wonder if they can leave negative feedback for a buyer.

I use the Report a Buyer link on a regular basis, for whatever good it does.

Next to none, as I've had multiple reps confirm  it's essentially unmonitored with the exception of setting an alert when x number of reports have been made from y number of accounts, with the values of x and y being values they can not disclose. Unless you get on the phone with a CSR there is very little that sticks to a buyer's account.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply