double charged on shipped item.

I've been charged twice for shipping the same item. Looking around eBay site for resolution. Anyone have a suggestion on where go from here?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sometimes people think they have been charged twice when they haven't.  Could you give more details please? Why do you think you were charged twice...does it show that you were charged for two labels?  What was the total that the buyer paid? Did you print a label through ebay and how much was the shipping?  What was your total payout?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You are the seller?

Where do you see the double charge?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

In my seller account. I've already paid shipping during the transaction. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Sometimes people think they have been charged twice when they haven't.  Could you give more details please? Why do you think you were charged twice...does it show that you were charged for two labels?  What was the total that the buyer paid? Did you print a label through ebay and how much was the shipping?  What was your total payout?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, I've resolved my issue.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That's good!

Could you expand -- it may help someone with a similar problem in the future.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

bcheeky
Community Member

Hi there, I am also new to selling on ebay. I was looking here to see if i could find the same thing about shipping. Could you help me? I paid for a shipping label and shipping through ebay. I received my payout which did not make sense. When looking at the transaction it says I was charged for a shipping label @ $2.96 and another shipping label $30.27. I paid $29+ for a label online. I only made $8.38 on my sale. My item was sold for $20, shipping paid by buyer $28.50 and ebay fees $6.89. Hope that makes sense. Thank you for any info you can share!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

My guess would be it is because of the May 2nd fuel surcharges from Canada Post. Even though the buyer had paid for shipping based on the lower rate (from the day before?) the extra $2.96 could be the fuel upcharge, the $30.27 was what it would have been before the upcharge. You're not paying twice, they just show the extra charge separately.

I received my payout which did not make sense.

The money you see on your payout  would include the fees ebay charges (roughly 12% depending on your category) and this percentage fee is also charged on the shipping (the $28.50 the buyer paid) plus taxes. The chunk of fees keeps growing but keep this in mind next time you price an item. If you bought label through eBay that should come out of your payout also (I haven't done it for a while but sometimes this takes a few days). Good luck with your selling!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply