eBay Radio arty Las Vegas

I had not been to this event since 2010. Very glad I came this year. It is interesting how much things have changed with e-commerce marketing.

Back then, there were rumblings that the use of mobile devices for buying, selling, searching was about to take off. While not having expanded as fast as was thought, it is growing steadily.

A predominant message, this week, is social media, all platforms. I never used any of these as I am a throwback to the Luddite ways: "I have always done it my way, to heck with eBay, the buyers can change to match my way".

Well, the spread of information on social media is growing just as mobile devices are growing. All the people we make fun of, walking around with their heads down, staring at their phones? They are searching on eBay and using social media. Upper right hand corner of all listings are three buttons: Facebook, Titter, Pinterest.

It has been said, that anyone 35 and under, all they know is their phone in their hand.

Most businesses in my town of Dauphin MB, do not even have a web page.

The message of the last two days has been social media and the incredible reach it has. In a narrow search, I can say, "not for me", yet I have not tried to reach across platforms to advertise. It was said, yesterday, there are 5.8 Billion cell phones out there. There are only 7 billion people on this planet.

With that many mobile devices, growing e-commerce sales, growing social media dissemination of information, and all the Luddites who refuse to progress with their business, there is a lot of opportunity for the growth of a progressive eBay seller.

Yes, a lot of the same people, a lot of new people. Half of the 250 in attendance were new. The message from the speakers was all new. It was up to date. Very progressive.

I have been doing a lot of things very much the same way for seven years. Well, I have trimmed fluff out of my description, moving into free shipping, Poco gave me great advice and I changed my pictures. Still I have been hoping that customers would find me. The message of the last couple of days is that we need to go out and find the customers.

Did you know, that YouTube is second most utilized search engine? That came out of a discussion about videos in listings.

There is a saying "If you are he smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room".

Well I was in a room of 250 people where the next person was smarter, yet, there was no smartest person in the room. Everyone knew something that someone else did not. Everyone was learning.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What is an "eBay Radio arty"? If you mean party, then you must be into several rounds of drinks. Or you went to the washroom and left the p there ...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Farty.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 3
latest reply