eBay Seller ZeroFVF Promotion

Hello,

There was an eBay seller promotion for free selling fees which I registered in late December. I have put up a listing a couple hours ago before the specified time on the terms but I can not find the promotion under my account now.  I wonder if anyone else has participated in this and encountered the same issue. Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yesterday this promo was not listed in either my active or expired list.

I sold an eligible item overnight and now the promo is on my expired list exactly as seen in your screenshot. I guess it only shows if there are eligible sales.

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

a couple hours ago before the specified time

EBay dotCOM uses Pacific Time.

EBaydotCA uses Eastern Time.

So it matters which site you were listing on.

In any case, eBay tells us on the Sell Your Item form that new listings may not "index" and show for up to 24 hours.

And if you sign up for Small Business Solutions with Canada Post you will be able to use Expedited Parcel, which is tracked, insured and faster, for the same price as Regular .

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business.page?

On another topic.

I can buy 500 sheets of copy paper for $8 at Staples.

How much paper would I get from you for $200?

Rewrite your title. You have 82 keystrokes available, and titles are how customers find you.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I actually didn't know eBay.com uses PST. I always assume they both are on EST. The posting was before 9PM so that shouldn't be an issue either way.

That paper is a mock listing when I started selling. I did it to have one around to test the different configurations before making changes or post a new listing. Never meant to sell one so had to put it for high enough that nobody would buy..
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

In your Promotional offers section: click on View expired offers to see. The offer is still running and FVF should not be charged if you have an qualified listing sell. The counter will change when a successful sale happens.

The other thread: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/End-of-year-promo-for-NEW-listings-on-ebay-CA/m-p/431580

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis 

You do see that promo in your expired promo section?  I can’t see mine there. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

That promo which should still show as being active has disappeared, it is not in my expired list either.

I activated that promo on the last day, listed a few things.
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Those promos don't normally show as active once the time for listing has expired but I would think that it would show up in expired promos.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Have to check on eBay.CA seller hub.

This is what I see:

ebay expired promo.png

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Thanks, I did check on .ca on my account and my husband's account too and it doesn't show up under expired on either account. If I sell one of the items that I listed I'll have to see if it registers then.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Under the strange but true file, the listing that recently sold that required a revised (difficult to create) invoice was a GTC'd listing that automatically relisted during the promo period. (GTC July 2019). Item number confirmed this . In Sellers Hub there is no record of the FVF's for this sale. Transaction shows as paid with no notation for State Sales Tax (GA) being charged. 

Pay 0 Fees Promo.JPG

-Lotz

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Under the strange but true file, the listing that recently sold that required a revised (difficult to create) invoice was a GTC'd listing that automatically relisted during the promo period. (GTC July 2019). Item number confirmed this . In Sellers Hub there is no record of the FVF's for this sale. Transaction shows as paid with no notation for State Sales Tax (GA) being charged. 

That's because GA is not on the sales tax list...

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/paying-tax-ebay-purchases?id=4771#section3

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis 

Order completed Jan 6, 2020. Appears eBay's fficial list has not been updated. State tax will be 4 %.

January 1, 2019 at 10:19 AM EST - Updated January 1 at 1:40 PM

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - You could be paying more for your next online order in Georgia.

A new law is in effect today which adds the state sales tax to online orders.

Lawmakers say it's about creating fair competition. Why would customers buy a product in store when they can buy the same exact item in front of their computer and avoid the sales tax?

Those with the state say they've been waiting several years to make this change.

The new internet sales tax states online retailers that bring in at least $250,000 in sales or complete 200 individual sales transactions must collect a state sales tax. Or, they must send out tax due notices to their customers who have spent more than $500 on their websites.

The state says with online shopping becoming so popular, state and local governments are missing out on much needed revenue generated by the sales tax.

By creating this new law, the state expects to see an additional 500 to 600 million dollars a year.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

On the  Sales Tax Institute website attached HA, IL, Michigan, NC, WI were added to the collection Jan 1, 2020. GA and a few other show as blank. Updates to follow.

Remote Seller Nexus Chart

As of 12/16/2019

https://www.salestaxinstitute.com/resources/remote-seller-nexus-chart

Please note: This chart includes only legislation that has been enacted. It does not include proposed legislation. 

-Lotz

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Screenshot_2020-01-07 My eBay All Selling.png

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Order completed Jan 6, 2020. Appears eBay's official list has not been updated. State tax will be 4 %.

January 1,  2019 at 10:19 AM EST

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - You could be paying more for your next online order in Georgia.

Georgia tax legislation to have eBay collect sales tax on sales sent to Georgia failed to pass in 2019.  The sales tax law currently in effect applies to Sellers on an individual basis -- eBay is not required to collect the sales tax for Georgia.  This may change if new legislation passes during the 2020 Georgia state session.

https://news.bloombergtax.com/daily-tax-report-state/uber-other-digital-economy-tax-proposals-stall-...

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

The thing is that I only have two tabs: "Active" and "History" and the only item under the latter is last December's 50 free listing. I also see that the Jan free listing counted to 49/50..
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@chamik-cg6gey wrote:
The thing is that I only have two tabs: "Active" and "History" and the only item under the latter is last December's 50 free listing. I also see that the Jan free listing counted to 49/50..

Listings made under this promo counted against any monthly free listings. Only the FVF is free for the first 3 that sell.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Yesterday this promo was not listed in either my active or expired list.

I sold an eligible item overnight and now the promo is on my expired list exactly as seen in your screenshot. I guess it only shows if there are eligible sales.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@chamik-cg6gey 

That paper is a mock listing when I started selling.

If you take it down it will still count against your 50Free Listings.

OTOH

You can change every word, picture , and shipping price in it using the Revise Your Listing link at the top left of the listing.
Remember a Fixed Price Listing relists every 30 days, using up one of those 50 Free every time.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Same thing with me.  I had the promotion show up in my account, I activated it (with the page that had the "start selling" button), and created three listings.  I sold one of the items within a couple days, and sure enough I was charged the FVF.  I called Ebay, and there's no record of it in the promotions, and no message in the system (couldn't recall if I saw a message, or just saw the promotion).  It's like the thing never existed.  I called Ebay, and they can't find it either.  Luckily someone made note in these message boards, so I'm having a manual FVF credited.  I suggest doing the same, and make sure to reference this board.  Thanks to those that took a screenshot, I can't believe I have to start doing this now as I now have to feel like I need to prove Ebay's own commitments.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply