eBay, get out of my face! Suggestions are out of control

I think most of us as buyers and sellers know what we want and want to get the information we want on an item quickly. eBay seems to think differently. Here's what we get when we click on an item, in order:

People who viewed this item also viewed

[Photos of item]

Similar sponsored items

Related sponsored items

[Description]

Influenced by recent sponsored views

Related sponsored items (again)

Explore related sponsored items

People who viewed this item also viewed (again)

Find more sponsored items

What we want to see is buried in a pile of irrelevance. I don't care in the slightest what other people are viewing and I don't need a crude algorithm trying to tell me what I might be interested in. Some of this nonsense is flab for the sheer sake of flab... what's the difference between "similar" sponsored items and "related" sponsored items?? The final one, "Find more sponsored items", is desperate. Trim the fat, eBay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don't particularly care if eBay wants to put the other stuff at the BOTTOM of the page, but our pictures and description should appear before ANY other ads or items. We're basically paying for a store that displays other people's items.

I'm guessing this is to increase impressions to rationalize the promoted listings changes. Terrible buying and selling experience though.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes, putting this stuff AFTER the listing wouldn't be so bad, but it's still filling up the screen with unwanted material that's both annoying and distracting. The whole effort seems ludicrously intended to take you AWAY from what you want to look at! As a buyer I want to get the information quickly on the item I've chosen, and as a seller I don't need other sellers' items thrown in as a distraction or possible competition, no matter how much they've paid to have them sponsored. And at the same time as eBay is obsessed with getting in our way the number of operational glitches seems to increase week by week!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply