eBay refuses to remove feedback that advertises another business, and lies about eBay services

bn880
Community Member

I want to share a really bad experience with the eBay Feedback/defect revision team so far:

I've sold a small repair service, as I usually do, and is clearly advertised as such in all locations of the listing.  Normally all buyers are quite happy with the service.

Recently though I've had a troll buy the service, and immediately message me with "Just send me the main PCB , i will fix alone my stick , thanks"

I obviously refused as I dont sell that.  The buyer got condescending, rude and abusive, and was telling me that it's illegal to sell services on eBay, saying he will call Police, he opened a dispute with Paypal, etc etc.

Long story short, he leaves me a review:  "CALL THRUSTMUSTER FOR BUY THIS PCB , THEY WILL SEND YOU ALSO ACCURATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACE YOUR CARD AND IT S VERY EASY , THE PRICE OF THE TOTAL CARD (SHIP EMBEDDED) ARE ARROUND 45 $ IT S NOT ALLOWED TO SELL SERVICES ON EBAY. PAYPAL HAS REFOUND ME. "   https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/bn880

And this clearly is advertising another business (thrustmaster ), it lies about what can be listed on ebay.  And also obviously is wrong about the cost of the whole thing.

I sent a feedback removal request to eBay on those grounds, and was immediately denied.  What in the world is this?  How can feedback violate such basic commerce customs and eBay laws, post libel (not allowed to sell service), and be allowed to stay up?

Time to build my own business site I think. (I am an eBay store customer as well)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay refuses to remove feedback that advertises another business, and lies about eBay services

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @bn880 - a comment of that nature would be in violation of a few of our feedback policies. Are you certain you sent a request to review the feedback to CS and not a 'Feedback revision' request? That would be sent to the buyer, who I imagine would decline that revision. 

In any case, I've escalated the comment for review and removal if it was, in fact, a violation. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, yes for sure I submitted a request to remove the feedback (I also sent a feedback revision request but obviously the buyer denied that).   Something seems to have gone quite wrong with the team member who denied the removal.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

For serious issues, definately call it in.  Sounds like you go autobotted.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You are probably correct.  So far someone from support has now removed the feedback text, but the neg feedback is still up. 

Which is still an issue as the first message from the buer was "Just send me the main PCB , i will fix alone my stick , thanks", so they were fully aware it was a Service as to demand a part instead.  Their feedback should not be valid, knowingly trying to extort something then getting upset (and rude/condescending) is no right to any feedback.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

bn880
Community Member

The feedback score has finally been removed after a couple contacts with support based on the reasoning above, of this being an attempt of extortion and NOT being valid feedback as a result.   Satisfied with the final outcome, should have just been taken care of easier/sooner.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply