has any one selling Canadian coins, noticed a steep drop in sales..

Just wondering if anyone else selling Canadian coins, and silver noticed a severe drop in sales the last month or so.. I realize summer is slow but wow..It's like my store has been closed.. back to my theory of ebay turning the lights off.. 

and anyone who says that doesn't happen is so wrong.. that is why ebay will be offering us soon the option to add extra visibility to our listings for as much as you want to pay..   just like ebay.com..   for extra money will extra promote your listings..

isn't that what we already pay for..

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's not about ebay 'turning off the lights' as the folklore goes. It's about Best Match. Sales beget higher placement in Best Match which beget more sales. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Yup, pretty slow summer of two-bit sales; just enough to cover store fee, etc.

Seems to be picking up now, along with higher ticket item sales.

Hang in there... Christmas is right around the corner!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There seems to be quite a bit of optimism among my postage customers, most of whom are eBay sellers.

And these are repeat buyers most with substantial presence.

(Yes, I looked. I am a busybody, after all.)

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This seems to be the tides of eBay -- all I can suggest is to market yourself in other places (like a facebook page) to try and get additional exposure to your eBay listings... this is said from someone who is also currently experiencing very poor sales... they can pickup... they always do... maybe you need to lower prices, put on a sale, edit listings... add different  products... here's to working it like a job 🙂

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Very low sale in every category. Just getting rid of inventory by covering ebay fees.... so much for business model.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Just one sale...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply