how do I use shippo???

I just sold a thing, when I click on "print postage" it goes to shippo and Iclick on "view order" and it shows a page with package info and addresses but I dont see any means to create shipping label?  the "buy" button is greyed out and cannot be clicked. On the right side of screen it says

RATES UNAVAILABLE
There is an issue with your package
  • Shipment origin is out of service area for UPS Master account
  • Shippo's DHL Express master account doesn't support shipments from outside of the US

why is it talking about UPS or DHL when I'm using canada post? Do I have to use shippo or can I just write my own label?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

how do I use shippo???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shippo takes a hour to get the info from ebay sometimes longer . The software is sketchy, always double check you have the correct buyer! I had it pick a buyer from a previouse sale , same item almost sent it too.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

how do I use shippo???

Did you click on save after you entered the weight and dimensions?

Do you have a Canada Post small business account? They are free but you do need to have one before you can use any online shipping platform.  If you do have one and are having problems with Shippo, you can also print a label in Paypal.

You don't have to do an online label but depending on where the item is going and which service you are using, you may save money if you do the label online vs going to the post office and buying postage at the counter.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

how do I use shippo???

You also need a Solutions for Small Business number from Canada Post.

It's free and gives you some discounts, which are also available from Paypal and SnapShip(Canada Post).

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business.page?

Although eBay directs you to Shippo, you can from your PP account page also use their shipping service (again you need the SfSB number). I find it more convenient because I confirm payment by going to PP and PP allows me to use even Held payments to buy their labels.

And you can use postage stamps for that matter, although you may be going to the PO with stamped parcels to get the barcoded labels rather than just tossing the parcels into the nearest postbox.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

how do I use shippo???

@femmefan1946 

hi sorry for the late reply, I signed up for an account at canada post, where do i find my sfsb number? the page doesnt show that. also for future reference where do i input that number? do i need that number if im printing label from ebay? since we are doing managed payments now can we still print label from paypal?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

how do I use shippo???

You should have been given a number when you signed up.

And a card will turn up in the mail Real Soon Now.

When I forget my card, I give the postal clerk my phone number.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply