it takes way to long to receive my money 21 days is crazy

lazaca2015
Community Member

why when pay pal is holding payment does it take 21 days even with buyer and seller leaving positive feedback do then just need it to collect interest way to long for me

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lazaca2015
Community Member

who takes all the time ebay or pay pal and is interet collected by either waiting 21 days is crazy

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That policy has been around for many years for new sellers.

The money is kept by PayPal in non interest bearing account. So no interest is earned on that money.

For more information on the policy, please take a look at: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I love that "interest" remark. This isn't 1982 with rates at 22%.

The overnight Federal Reserve rate is .03%. Not 3%, 3/100 of a percent. On a, say, $226 sale, that is 6 3/4¢ a day they would make, per day. If they were legally allowed to do that, which they are not.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This is a BUYER PROTECTION policy, aimed at preventing sketchey sellers from taking the money and never shipping.

Which was a thing some years ago.

It's not personal.

It is not only applied to new sellers, like you, but also to longtime members who sell only occasionally and to sellers with Violations.

It is also not exactly across the board, since it seems to apply longer to sellers in high value/ high fraud categories.

Please note that while you can't touch the money directly while it is Held. you can use it to buy a Paypal shipping label, with the discounts that apply to those, well before the 21 days are up.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Good points already mentioned by others but also worth mentioning is that if you ship with a service that provides online tracking/delivery confirmation you can get your funds 3 days after the tracking info shows successful delivery of your sold item.

In most cases that will be well before the usual 21 day hold expires.

As a new seller you really should do your homework and you would know all of these things already.

Cheers,

thD

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

In the link that Pierre gave it says that the 3 day rule is if you ship from within the U.S. Have you found that it is now available fo for Canadians that quickly?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply