need help setting up shipping

Hi, why can't I set up a shipping rate table with different fees for different provinces and regions, but have eBay charge my customer only for the first item in the cart? What ever I try, eBay always charges for every item.

In the shipping policy, additional items is set to 0.00.

Shipping discounts is activated.

It only works with shipping rate tables deactivated, that eBay only charges once per order, not per item. As soon shipping rate table is activated, eBay charges shipping for every item. There is definitely a setting missing for additional items within the shipping rate table settings.

Do I make a mistake here, or is eBay weird and crazy shipping settings system just not able to charge a flat rate when rate tables are activated?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm not actually sure about this, but could you set the minimum shipping fee for all the provinces in the listing and then use the rate tables to set a surcharge based on province (the rate tables can be based on item, weight, or surcharge)?  I *think* the surcharge should only apply on the total which should correctly use your shipping policy (but I'm not positive). Worth playing around with at least.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Are you listing on dotCA?
All you have to do is use Calculated Shipping and eBay will automatically tell your customer how much they have to pay for the services you choose to offer.

If you are listing on dotCOM, and I mostly do, we're stuck with Flat Rate Shipping.

I only use dotCOM for items that I can ship by LetterMail, or which consistently cost a fairly standard amount to ship using a Canada Post service like the untracked Small Packet Air  or Tracked Packet USA, which have the same cost for California as for Maine.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/tools/find-a-rate.page

Play with this a bit.
I use 90210 and 01210 as zipcodes for the coasts.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply