paypal not working

OCT 2 2015 - PAYPAL won't print shipping labels - anyone know what the issue is?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

paypal not working

(Also, please consider communicating with your buyer that you are experiencing minor technical difficulties that will soon be resolved. Otherwise, they may be sitting and stewing about the reason their item is yet un-shipped.) Failing that, if you REALLY can't get paypal shipping to work for you within the next day or so, print the buyer's address etc from the email that ebay/paypal sends to you when an item is bought and/or paid and take it to the post office to purchase postage at the counter. You might not gain the discount you would through paypal shipping on certain services but that's better than leaving your buyer dangling. Defects must be avoided at all costs. 

Good luck. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

paypal not working

Paypal has been working fine for me today but the Seller Manager on ebay is not, including the method in which many people print their addresses and packing slips.

What error are you getting?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

paypal not working

The reason that I ask is that PayPal Shipping error messages are not very forthright in identifying the problem that they might be encountering. Last night, for example, I tried to print a label using paypal and Canada Post for a buyer overseas and it said, Sorry Paypal Shipping is Not Available when I hit Pay and Continue but the actual problem was that the buyer's address was incorrect as the result of being incomplete. It was a buyer error. Fixed and it printed fine once that was done. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

paypal not working

Thank you - I verified the address, and  today- phoned them and they say I am the ONLY person with this issue. 

I also tried clearing my cache

and my DNS Cache

and tired going through google chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozzila Firefox - 

still  WOULD NOT PRINT.

HELP

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

paypal not working

Are you getting an error message? Or is it that you can purchase the label but it won't print?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

paypal not working

(Also, please consider communicating with your buyer that you are experiencing minor technical difficulties that will soon be resolved. Otherwise, they may be sitting and stewing about the reason their item is yet un-shipped.) Failing that, if you REALLY can't get paypal shipping to work for you within the next day or so, print the buyer's address etc from the email that ebay/paypal sends to you when an item is bought and/or paid and take it to the post office to purchase postage at the counter. You might not gain the discount you would through paypal shipping on certain services but that's better than leaving your buyer dangling. Defects must be avoided at all costs. 

Good luck. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

paypal not working

Thank you again mjwl2006

I worked and worked and using Mozzilla Firefox last night i managed to get PAYPAL to accept the payment, but when i printed the thing out, the Weight was WRONG! 

I had to cancel the Canada Post label and now it wont let me get past the point of filling in all the info (message says :

We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.

• PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

what is real weird is that i printed shipping labels for 2 other items after this, and all was fine.

It is just weird, like some kinda curse? 

To top it all off - the address is a church (I googled to make sure the address and name were valid and they are.

SO I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE - and take the parcel to the post office and pay for it...

The buyer paid on Friday afternoon, and we have no postal open here on Saturday/Sunday - so tomorrow is the soonest I am able to send anyway - but i will be sure to let the buyer know their item is on the way - I always do that in immediate Feedback for them.

BUT thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

paypal not working

With the weight appearing incorrect, was that by chance on a domestic label from within Canada?

If so, it just looks wrong since they take what you give them and convert it to volumetric weight. Just ignore that. I dearly wish they'd have notified users when they changed the displayed format printed on labels since I too thought all my domestic labels were generating with errors and I even emailed and called but no one thought to tell me what it was. The CU behind the weight is the telling factor. It was brought to my attention by other members at ebay on the Community Board like this. 

And Paypal had 'issues' on Sunday, both with log-in and notices of payment received. It was buggy. This may last for a few more days. I started another thread about it.

Make sure you keep checking your account to make certain you get your money back for that voided label. Last time, I didn't and I had to call my credit card company to be refunded. Canada Post is super stingy with voided label refunds because people were printing their labels, mailing them and then applying to have it voided so they could get their money back. A few rotten apples.....

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

paypal not working

Having just gotten off the phone with Paypal, (Oct 5, 10:30 a.m. e.s.t.)  I was told there is an ongoing issue(s) that their techs are working on.

In my case, ebay item sold, shows as paid/awaiting payment on my ebay page yet nothing regarding that transaction is showing on my Paypal page. 

My name was added to their internal ticket and was promised an email when the issue gets resolved.

The very few times I have had to phone Paypal over the years, I have always gotten excellent service, clear concise answers to my questions, with a very short wait time.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

paypal not working

I couldn't agree with you more, snoopwiz. Paypal is great to deal with. I posted about the same problem as you as well after experiencing it last night. The topic is something like Item Sold and Paid, no Payment in Paypal account.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply