problem whit a buyer

Maybe someone can help me ,,,,I sell a item last mont whit tracking number and sign  (Policy no return) and the person dont go to the post office to get it......its paid but maybe she change her mind but dos not tell me.....the post have make a atempt the 6 jully and them let a notice she said we are in vacation this date and she said they dont left notice I said call to usps and they let you know where the box is ...she said  i call them but they return it to the seller(me)  I call usps the day afther they said no the box is here and the person has to call to make a other postal arrangement (day)  them I call her said all that she said I will call them  a other day friday last week she said I made arrengement whit usps for  monday delivery and them today she sais they dont come   .....and usps have no notice for a delivery monday I know its all laying Its the fisrt time a person dont go to the mail box .....what can I do whit that and eBay its not fare thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

problem whit a buyer

hlmacdon
Community Member
Unfortunately there is no such thing as no returns on ebay. well no way to enforce that. It is possible your buyer may be wanting to back out of the transaction. If a USPS package gets held for delivery the buyer needs to go to the post office to pick up. If the package gets returned to you as unclaimed, you only have to refund the cost of the item. It can be very frustrating when this happens and it sounds like you are trying your best to assist the customer.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

problem whit a buyer

Check the ebay MoneyBack Guarantee very closely and call ebay Customer Service for advice about this.

I believe the policy states that if the buyer deliberately rejects the parcel (such as by failing to pick it up) the seller isn't obligated to issue any refunds. Period.

The rules for Paypal are, however, different. 

And, naturally, this only works when you can see tracking on it. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

problem whit a buyer

Specifically: 

When a buyer doesn't receive an item

If a buyer doesn't receive an item, the buyer needs to report that they didn't receive the item by contacting the seller from My eBay. The seller should address the buyer's concern and provide updates on the delivery of the item, tracking information, or a refund. 

If the buyer isn't happy with the seller's response or doesn't receive a response, the buyer can ask us to step in and help.

If asked to step in and help, we review the information provided by the buyer and seller for evidence of successful on-time delivery to the buyer's address. We require proof of signature to confirm delivery for items with a total cost of $750 or more.

If we determine that the item wasn't successfully delivered, we refund the full cost of the item and original shipping via PayPal. The seller is required to reimburse us for the amount. Learn more about reimbursement.

Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Exceptions:

• The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping

• The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box

• The item arrived COD because it didn't have enough postage on it

The buyer is responsible for paying any customs and duty fees for international shipping.

Exception:

• The seller overstated the value of the item, which caused customs fees to be higher

Message 4 of 4
latest reply