"Best Offer" Shipping Address

I typically set up my listings with best offer and free shipping, so I can accept lower offers from Canadians when the item can ship Lettermail, and lower offers from Americans when it has to go Small Packet.

Today I had an offer today from someone in QC. Cheapest shipping for my small item was ~$19 for a flat rate box (vs. ~$7 for a Small Packet to the US). Of course, I couldn't go as low as she wanted because of this.

After my counter offer, I clicked her feedback and noticed her account was from the US. I'm guessing she has stuff shipped to Canada so she can buy from Canadians... little does she know (about our domestic shipping prices, I mean).

So, my question is: how does best offer work when switching shipping addresses? I have stuff shipped to the US all the time, even though my Ebay and PayPal accounts are both Canadian. I've never had any issues shipping to either address...I just make sure I switch to the Canadian address before I make an offer for my Canadian sellers, and the US one for American sellers.

Anyone ever had an issue with the buyer using a different address than was documented in the offer? Is there a way to avoid it?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As far as I know there is no real way to avoid it.    I’ve had that happen but as I usually charge for shipping it hasn’t been a big deal. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I noticed it too! It’s really weird. I have a bunch of buyers with
canadian shipping address but it says they are from UK . And people from USA says they are in Mexico. But what natters is the shipping address. And they were all houses. If you are not sure call ebay and confirm if the shipping address is in Canada.
I wouldn’t lose a sale because of this
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:
...  After my counter offer, I clicked her feedback and noticed her account was from the US. I'm guessing she has stuff shipped to Canada so she can buy from Canadians...

Could be someone who originally was registered in the USA and is now living in Canada.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I think it’s because they use ebay.com that’s why
Message 5 of 5
latest reply