"Save 75% off trading cards final value fees" promotion not applied

I activated a promotion from the ebay landing page that expires May 7, 2023 to receive 75% off trading card final value fees for items listed after the promotion was activated, for up to 20 items.

I have sold several items that were listed during the promotion period in a qualifying category, that meet all of the promotion requirements, but none of them have had this promotion applied.

I contacted eBay Canada support and was told that the 75% FVF discount is not being applied because of an existing trading card promotion that applies to all sellers every month until September 2023.

recordbreaker99_0-1683060770357.png

Why would this "Save 75% off trading cards final value fees" promotion be offered when it won't apply due to an existing 10.5 % FVF promotion that users didn't opt in to?

Why wouldn't the better promotion override the lower value promotion?

Is anyone else that sells trading cards experiencing this issue?  Can someone from ebay resolve this problem?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yeah, i noticed I wasnt getting credited for the 75% off either, i assumed its becasue the other one was rolling, but agree the higher one should override the other one if you allow us to accept an offer from the landing page (where I accepted it also)

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You already have your answer. The promo is not applied because of the existing promo. Promos can't be combined. 

Why wouldn't the better promotion override the lower value promotion?

It's 9.5% not 10.5%, and it's worth way more for me. For anyone selling on regular basis actually. 2.5%-3.0% on everything during 6 months gives way more than 75% on 20 items. At the opposite i would feel totally ripped off if it would override the actual promo. Then what if my next 20 items sold are under $10 items, i save like $5 and it's done. Right now i save money everyday, on everything, and for the next 6 months. I will save way more. The 75% is better only short term, exemple for sellers with low sales volume high end items.

They should let people opt out from promos tho. Someone should have the right to cancel his participation, if he wants to opt to another one. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Wow that’s why I don’t see the 75% off , that’s so cheap. I don’t understand the point , was there anything we could do to be able to use this promo ? It would be very useful to sell expensive items.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I agree that the reduced FVF for several months is better in the long run.  The point is that this 6 month promotion applies to all trading card sellers and therefore overrides any other promotion, so why would ebay offer a 75% off FVF promotion for trading card sellers during this 6 months that none of us can use.

It's obviously a mistake on their part.  It becomes a problem for sellers that may sell an item at a lower price, expecting the reduced fees to offset the price reduction and then they don't get the benefit of the promotion they've activated.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I don't think everyone could opt in for the 9.5% promo. You needed to receive the email. Also there's probably a lot of sellers who missed it or did not received the email since it's activated, so those can opt in for the 75% one.

eBay is pushing hard to make it better for the cards market since they aquired TCGplayer.com. It's easily feelable. They gives solid promos, they gives coupons on purchases (had a $20 one last week and $15 one 2 weeks ago), now they worked a shipping service with canada post specifically for us. I don't think we have anything to complain about right now. They decided they wanted to lead the trading cards market and this is great news for us. Missing a short term promo because we already have a better one, not a big deal imo.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply