Anyone that has Item Specifics issues Tool

Fix your problem listings Tool:

Spotted this by entirely by accident. Tells you which listings need Item specifics/suggestions or require relisting. Have now added to shortcuts in my Sellers Hub. Functions a little less painless compared to the Otiseller Tool which has an expiry date. Could include a  built in default to next listing feature but have as a  shortcut also works. It appears to refresh on its own adding new listings each time you go back. 

https://www.ebay.ca/mys/overview

-Lotz

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I followed your link but nothing doing there for me .... could really use something like a "fix your problem listings" tool.

Where exactly have you found this tool? I take it you are not referring to Optiseller or whatever it is called.

Back last year when the Modified yes or no item specific was introduced everywhere I went through and fixed all my listings. Now, all these many months later I've discovered all of my listings created prior to that change are Not compliant. Yes, the Modified item specific  is there in those listings but the value selected shows as "-" with a warning ! beside the box.  Now I'm wondering if this warning has caused trouble, the last few times they were listed I don't recall selling any of them which has never happened before.

I know without a doubt that these listinggs all had that value set to "no" because I always check after editing to be sure as I never fully trust the bulk editor. Don't know how or when but things went wrong and now they need to be fixed again, the question is, how many, and where.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

Apologies.  When I click on that link it brings me directly to my page and I'm not able to backtrack to the page I found it on. Saved as soon as I located. It's possible it was only a partial rollout. I just find it much more user friendly compared to Bulk Edit or that other tool.

Help tyler@ebay  do you know the status of this please? It does note you can switch to the Classic Tool at the top. Options on page as follows.

https://www.ebay.ca/mys/overview

My eBay Selling Overview:  

Add recommended item specifics

Relist it

Messages from buyers

Leave feedback

Finish it

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

Interesting observations. Did items move to a grey area never to seen from again when they had some sort of minor glitch? When one has numerous listings on the go at any time its difficult to track them all as they individually require updating. I keep stumbling across previous listed items that do not show up anywhere in current running listings. Very easy when you have either an ended listing email or folder that shows items that ended. Visual confirmation. With GTC there isn't any sort of real reason to have to proof previously created  listings. They almost become out of sight, out of mind until you have a sale or a question.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Followed your lead and switched my ebay back to Classic which has a much, much better layout than the new version, if I were using My ebay overview that's the version I would use.

Still didn't seee any warnings about missing or incomplete item specifics there though.

The listings have been relisting fine all along with no hint that anything was wrong with the Modified item specific. They do have the required specific in the listing but no value is set for it. The system still lets them relist that way ... I was under the impression that Modified yes / no was a mandatory requirement?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Very strange. I'm always nervous to try any of the "try classic tab" situations. You never know if you can switch back and forth. The tool I am currently using appears seems to be a smooth interface.  So not normal. Lets you know by a meter if other things need to be fixed. I will keep looking for the original link but my luck is usually I find once and can never find again.

-Lotz

PS. In some fields I was able to add N/A and others that was a no go. So left blank.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Since I've no intention of using My ebay there seemed no risk in tapping the revert to Classic link... Seller Hub for me.

What is the point of making certain specifics mandatory and then allowing them to be left blank? 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply