Canadian Seller needing tips!

chrig
Community Member

Hi there, 
I've been active on ebay for a couple decades now and i'd like to start selling some music memorabilia. Can anyone give me any times on how to sell and in what currency etc. I've read that you can end up paying more/less fees if you do things a certain way. Any tips and inout welcome, thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Known tip--- Shipping is the hardest part of selling online.

• Use eBayCanada if you absolutely must have tracking.
  • Calculated shipping is only available through dotCA, and parcels which include tracking have different rates for different destinations.
  • Letter mail is cheap, fast and reliable, but it does not include tracking.
  • Get a Small Business Solutions number from Canada Post in order to print SnapShip, Paypal, or Shippo labels which sometimes have discounts.

Also-- Free Shipping Tuesdays. 

Double your listings for the same cost by listing on both dotCA and dotCOM.

• If you need Calculated Shipping, list on dotCA
  • If you can manage with Flat Rate shipping, list on dotCOM

Buy a digital scale- I use a Starfrit kitchen scale from Canadian Tire which cost under $20 and weighs up to 5 kilos.

• Canada Post went metric in 1974. Every other measurement is a guess.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Might be a good idea to read this

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling-guides-tips/selling?id=4081

Use the advanced listing form.

Search for sold items like what you have to get an idea of prices.

Do a search to see how many items like yours are listed - review the competition.

Just sell to Canada and the US to begin with.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi. I think all types of memorabilia have much the same techniques. I sell music memorabilia. Collectors are meticulous.  Here's a couple of ideas for you.  1. Sell Internationally. 2. Divide your inventory into categories. IE: Ephemera, Stage Passes, Magazines, Autographs etc. 3. Research the buyers for each category. For example the heavy metal market tends to be in Europe. A photograph of a Kiss member in the 80's out of makeup will bring the best dollar in Europe not in the USA. 4.  Use Ebay "sold" searchs to see which sellers sell the items you have. Follow those sellers. 5. Take care to know the import restrictions the different countries impose. I once had drumsticks from Jackson's Victory Tour stuck in Frankfurt due to "unidentified wood species". Watch for ivory, rosewood and other products used in music products. 6. Last but least, always follow the golden rule "Good packing and Good tracking".  Best wishes! InTimeWithMusic

Message 4 of 4
latest reply