Item location

eladish
Community Member

Hi,

I am a new seller(eBay.ca), and I am wondering can I list items which location is in Japan to void the import tax and shipping cost.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item location

It is very common for the seller's location to differ from the item location.

Again, what is shown to the customer must be the item location.

If the item is being sold on eBayCanada (dotCA) but will be shipped from Japan, the price will be in Canadian dollars, the location shown as Japan, and the shipping will be Flat Rate.

The seller looks at the shipping services and rates available in Japan, chooses one *, and works out the cost to each country she is selling into.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/i_parcel_en.html

The International Shipping section of the Sell Your Item form allows you to choose several different prices for different countries.

For example, you may want to ship to the USA. That is a Custom Location and allows you to set a different Flat Rate price. If you want to ship to Australia, that is a different Custom Location. As is USA or Russia.

Your Flat Rate is based on the Japan Post Office posted rates.

*ALWAYS choose Air Mail. Surface is too slow for the cost.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Item location

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking... but the Item Location must be set to where the item is physically located.   If it ships from Japan, location would be Japan.  If it ships from Canada, location would be Canada.

As far as (a)voiding duties and taxes, it makes no difference if you change the location in your  eBay listing, if it is being imported from somewhere any applicable taxes and duties are applied when it physically enters the country. *

*(absent of eBay collecting sales taxes if this applies to you already). 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Item location

Thanks for your response, so it is possible that the item location is different from the seller address account. what about the shipping method, how shipping cost calculated by buyer location? 

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Item location

It is very common for the seller's location to differ from the item location.

Again, what is shown to the customer must be the item location.

If the item is being sold on eBayCanada (dotCA) but will be shipped from Japan, the price will be in Canadian dollars, the location shown as Japan, and the shipping will be Flat Rate.

The seller looks at the shipping services and rates available in Japan, chooses one *, and works out the cost to each country she is selling into.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/i_parcel_en.html

The International Shipping section of the Sell Your Item form allows you to choose several different prices for different countries.

For example, you may want to ship to the USA. That is a Custom Location and allows you to set a different Flat Rate price. If you want to ship to Australia, that is a different Custom Location. As is USA or Russia.

Your Flat Rate is based on the Japan Post Office posted rates.

*ALWAYS choose Air Mail. Surface is too slow for the cost.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Item location

Many thanks!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply