New Promotions Tab

Spotted this on the sidebar of the ECommerce Blog:

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/S/S?PL&1549976253

February 12, 2019   07:57 AM

So sad, as of last night everyone of my active listings now has an Ebay alert to update my Promoted Listings for more $$$. Ebay continues seek profits through higher seller fees vs new effective selling programs and finding buyers who have gravitated to other eCommerce platforms. 

Reported By: GreenEye

This may be useful to a seller that finds Promoted Listings a valuable tool, but for me, my preference would either be the option to disable this tab or completely remove.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

New Promotions Tab

I'm not clear what the problem is.

Greeneye is not required to use Promoted Listings.

If Greeneye does use PL, he can set the percentage wherever he likes.

Greeneye is not required to follow any suggestion that eBay makes.

With PL the seller only pays the additional fee if the item sells.

I am not sure if the sale has to be directly connected to the PL referral.

and finding buyers who have gravitated to other eCommerce platforms. 

It's been my understanding that PL is used on other platforms to bring buyers to eBay.  I'd be happy to be told I'm wrong.

I have  few dozen listings on PL, and have seen few views from the promotion and no sales from it in four months or so.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

New Promotions Tab

The promoted Listings Options shows on the ... Listings..... Page in Seller Hub.

A seller can click on ...Promoted Listings ...and then choose  which listings will be  .... Promoted'

Or....  a Seller can click .... None...

Saw this yesterday.. Friday February 15... Did some reading.... and then clicked   .... NONE

If sales are at a very good level.... Why does a seller need promoted listings?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

New Promotions Tab

I find the folks who complain about the existence of Promoted Listings have never used them and don't understand what they were created to do. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

New Promotions Tab

I've used Promoted Listings on several occasions for 30-day cycles. To date, I've yet to have an item sell or any of note additional traffic. To me, the tab is mainly a nuisance.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

New Promotions Tab

Just ignore the tab.  I don’t see it as a problem.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

New Promotions Tab

That massive blue promoted listings eligible button is very prominent. I found them distracting so I simply cleared the "none" radio button to hide them.  No big deal.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

New Promotions Tab

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply