Selling limits

I wanted to post something for sale and it says you've reached your selling limit ? I only have 10 ads up ?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Selling limits

It's clarified in eBay help as follows:

All eBay sellers have a limit on the number of items they can list for sale. As you sell and establish a positive selling history, this limit increases. Selling limit increases are available to above standard or Top Rated sellers.

We review your account monthly, and automatically adjust selling limits based on current performance. You can find selling performance information in My eBay. Your first selling limit increase will be available after 45 days of positive selling.

You can request a selling limit increase at any time; however, selling limits can only be increased once per 30-day evaluation cycle.

Selling limits don't apply to the Business & Industrial, Motor Vehicles, or Real Estate categories.

-CM

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

The restrictions on new and occasional sellers are on number and value of the listings.

Apparently you can only list 10 items, although your dollar amount may be $500 or $1000.

Take your time.

Make sure your shipping is properly set up -- are you sure you are willing to ship that leather vest to Bosnia? For $19? By UPS?

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online.

And your titles are ..... not good.

Add sizes and brand names.

You have 82 keystrokes, free! And titles are your best advertising.

And Descriptions.

Clothing needs measurements even more than sizes.

And pictures.

Yours are a little blurry.

On the radio, you can move the pictures around (use Revise to get back to the listing). The radio should first be seen from the front.

And add the brand name.

And a picture of the cord, which may need to be replaced for safe use by the buyer.

And all that is why new sellers are restricted.

Fix the shipping first, you don't want to ship overseas until you have at least 10 DSRs and know why they are unimportant.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

Know what you sell -  sell what you know.

When you write in the description  "I'm not fully certain so I don't know",   don't sell it.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

Ya the pictures are blurry because my cellphone sucks , I sold my high quality camrea to a friend

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

Actually I haven't used ebay for a few years , I recently decided to sell some stuff and I still don't exactly know how shipping works , I don't even know the shipping rates so I just make a wild guess . I figure if I make a mistake on the shipping cost I'll lose money but I'll learn something instead

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

I totally forgot how to use ebay , I haven't been on it for  long time 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

My cellophane camrea sucks

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

Like im 99.9 % sure its silver plated but honestly im not an expert 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

On the shipping cost I always take a wild guess , I don't know what rates canada post has for international shipping 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

I plugged in the radio cord into a electric outlet and it worked fine , no need to exchange the cord , its not that old , I think its from the 1970s or 1980s , I don't even know

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

@van13sina wrote:

On the shipping cost I always take a wild guess , I don't know what rates canada post has for international shipping 

Don't. https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

Can I use my own box or do I have to buy a box ? 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

Thanks for the link . Helped a lot 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

So long as the box you’re using is sturdy and designed for shipping, use it. Canada Post offers those boxes for the sake of convenience for the casual sender, they’re made well but not economical.

If this is something you’re planning to do regularly for awhile, you may want to look into buying boxes at uline or Staples or consider an eBay entry-level store which comes with a coupon for free shipping supplies. (I like the packing tape and stickers.)

Or save and reuse the boxes in which your own online shopping arrives. Just be sure to black-out or cover the old addresses and bar codes.

Come back any time you have questions or feel like you might want some advice. There’s a pile of us regulars who just loooove to make new friends.

Welcome to selling on eBay. We hope you will enjoy and prosper from it!
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

@van13sina

I still don't exactly know how shipping works , I don't even know the shipping rates so I just make a wild guess

It can be a LOT of money, especially overseas shipment by Air Mail.

(Pro Tip-- Never ship Surface. NEVER NEVER NEVER. It's too expensive.)

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

That will be a start.

You need a digital scale.

Canadian Tire carries a StarBrit for under $20 in the Kitchen department that weighs up to five kilos.

Use metric measurements.

Canada Post went metric in 1974. Every thing else is guesswork.

That leather vest could only ship overseas for $19.00 by Small Packet if it weighs under 250 grams. If it weighs a kilo and you sent it to Bosnia* by Tracked Packet, which would be sensible, It would cost about $72.00.

Take time over the weekend to REVISE all your shipping with that bookmarked site active.

At this point, just don't give any rate for overseas. And look for the link that allows you to EXCLUDE countries.  Then for the moment, exclude everything but Canada and the USA.

*To the USA is about $22.00. The price within Canada depends on your location and the destination.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

im 99.9 % sure its silver plated

From a motel? Not likely. At best chrome, possibly metallic plastic over base metal. 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

no need to exchange the cord , its not that old , I think its from the 1970s or 1980s , I don't even know

Is the wire fabric wrapped? Are the legs on the plug both the same size?

Is there a CSA/ULC label or stamp anywhere on the radio or the cord?

Can I use my own box or do I have to buy a box ?

Some recycle, some buy boxes.

Don't buy boxes at the Post Office. Waaaay overpriced. Go to Staples or any other office supplies store.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Selling limits

Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how stupid you think they are.

The busybodies experienced sellers  who haunt the boards are more than willing to run your life give advice.

You have some nice things. You should do well.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply