USA seller, shipping shows "calculate" - how buyer calculate shipping fee when placing order?

usaangel
Community Member

Hi, I am USA seller. 

"Calculate Shipping"

- Offer another service, check marked: France, Germany, United Kingdom, Small Packets - International -Ground.

- Entered Dimensions and Weight

- When clicking "Calculate Shipping" at International shipping on my Listing,

enter my USA postal code, Destinational(optional), International, Germany

Error pop up: please enter a valid ZIP or Postal code

1. Please help.  How buyer knows how much is shipping calculation?

2. Does eBay.ca offer Global Shipping Program?

3. How to update "Returns" to 14 Days Return as there is no option for 14 days return but I see other sellers can update to 14 days return?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

USA seller, shipping shows "calculate" - how buyer calculate shipping fee when placing order?

@usaangel wrote:

Hi, I am USA seller. 

- When clicking "Calculate Shipping" at International shipping on my Listing,

enter my USA postal code, Destinational(optional), International, Germany

Error pop up: please enter a valid ZIP or Postal code

3. How to update "Returns" to 14 Days Return as there is no option for 14 days return but I see other sellers can update to 14 days return?

Calculated shipping on ebay.CA is only available for sellers who ship from inside Canada.

Only flat rate shipping is available if you are mailing from outside Canada.  Also do not forget that when listing on ebay.CA that "domestic" shipping is the rate for Canada.

GSP is only available on ebay.COM for sellers shipping from the USA and on ebay.co.UK for sellers shipping from the UK.  Nowhere else.

14 day returns only exists for some categories.

-..-

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

On eBay Canada  the seller places the following in the listing..

--- Weight of the parcel

--- size  of the parcel... Length... width ... Height

--- Handling fee.

--- Shipping option is also selected by the seller

eBay calculates the cost of shipping based on  where the buyer lives  using  the postal code (zip code) of the buyer....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

On eBay Canada  the seller places the following in the listing..

--- Weight of the parcel

--- size  of the parcel... Length... width ... Height

--- Handling fee.

--- Shipping option is also selected by the seller

eBay calculates the cost of shipping based on  where the buyer lives  using  the postal code (zip code) of the buyer....

All true, but you missed the part where the OP says he is in the USA and trying to sell on eBay.CA -- calculated shipping is only good for use if you can ship from the country associated with a particular eBay site.

Although, if the OP is shipping from inside Canada, a bad zip code error can pop up for International if the dimensions given are too small for Canada Post.

-..-

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@usaangel wrote:

- Offer another service, check marked: France, Germany, United Kingdom, Small Packets - International -Ground.

You never want to use "ground" for International to Europe -- it takes too long to cross the Atlantic and increases the chance of having an Item-Not-Received case opened and you losing your money when the Buyer gets refunded.

-..-

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

1. Please help. How buyer knows how much is shipping calculation?

The buyer automatically sees the correct shipping charge. This is based on his location.

If you are shipping from the USA but listing on eBayCanada, you must use Flat Rate Shipping.
You can set up several different Flat Rates for International shipping. Just keep Choosing International Destination.

No. Only the US and UK sites offer this.

Use a shipping service that offers Delivery Confirmation to cover most of the Seller Protections the GSP offers.

Not all categories allow such as short period for returns. To gain Top Rated Seller status, you need to offer 30 day returns.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@usaangel 

1. Please help. How buyer knows how much is shipping calculation?

If you want to see how much your customer may be paying, just change your postal code to a sample.

I use 90210 for the USA and K1A 0A6 (Parliament buildings in Ottawa) for Canada.

Normally the shipping charge you see is to your own postal code.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your advise! Please see attachment for International Shipping Calculated.

It seems like if I choose the next shipping method "Small Packets - International - Air" which will be a lot faster but it will be a lot expensive even buyer pays shipping and no buyer is interesting to buy the item from me as shipping fee is expensive.  That is not easy to sell item to International Buyer as international shipping fee is expensive.  😞

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your reply and advise! Please see attached files.

1.  I have changed the International Shipping to "Flate: same cost to all buyers.

2. International Shipping: Economy Int'l Shipping.

3.  Entered the item all Dimensions & Weight, my USA Postal Code or any USA Postal code, Destination: Europe.  However it pop up error "Please enter a valid ZIP or Postal code" even I tried to enter USA Postal code "90210" which pop up the same error. 

Don't know how to be able to calculate shipping fee from USA Seller to sell item on eBay.CA? Thank you for helping to answer questions.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@usaangel wrote:

1.  I have changed the International Shipping to "Flat: same cost to all buyers.

2. International Shipping: Economy Int'l Shipping.

3.  Entered the item all Dimensions & Weight, my USA Postal Code, Destination: Europe.  However it pop up error "Please enter a valid ZIP or Postal code"

... how to be able to calculate shipping fee from USA Seller to sell item on eBay.CA?

The ebay.CA calculator/estimator will only work for people shipping from Canada.

Use the calculator/estimator on ebay.COM or the USPS website calculator to determine a shipping cost to send from your USA location to Europe.

Then convert that value from US dollars to Canadian dollars and use that as your "flat" rate. At current exchange rates, multiply the US value by 1.4 to get the Canadian value to use.

Same goes when determining your cost to ship from your USA location to Canada (ebay.CA domestic rate).

-..-

Message 10 of 10
latest reply