cant enter data onto seller page

I have not sold on eBay for a while and if this keeps up, I'm likely to not want to.

I have an old TurboLister for Canada and it doesn't really work well anymore.

I did one entry for bouys, and went in circles trying to make the program happy.

Situation:

I am trying to sell a particular piece of telephony equipment and when I try to enter the product data the program hangs and won't let me type information.  I have W10 and W7 and they both perform the same, slower than ...

It is frustrating that the program seems to know more than me about what I have to sell and wont let me choose the listing category that I want.

Is there a freeware third party program or a way to do listings offline and upload.  Turbo was/is good for that as long as it is simple.

There also seems to be no way (that I can find) to split an item into two packages.  Specifically a heavy oil lamp and a fragile glass chimney.

And although I am in Canada, most of my items will end up in the US and I would like to ensure those listings are in US$

/rant off

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @steveinpellysk - while TurboLister is no longer actively available, you can contact the support team for assistance. They're available by email: turbodata@ebay.com, or by phone if you contact CS directly and indicate you'd like to speak with the advanced apps team. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Is there a freeware third party program or a way to do listings offline and upload.

Have you been defaulted to the overSimplified Sell Your Item form or can you find easier Advanced Form which has more options?

Since TL was never available for Macs, I just keep a desktop file of my Descriptions (complete with HTML coding) and another of my photos.

The link to the Advanced form is somewhere in the upper right corner of the Simpleminded Form.

There also seems to be no way (that I can find) to split an item into two packages. Specifically a heavy oil lamp and a fragile glass chimney.

This is a packaging rather than a Shipping question, to my mind.

Assuming your customer would be wanting both?

You can ship more than one package with the same tracking number.

To work out the shipping charge, estimate the dimensions of BOTH packages together and their weight and enter those for the shipping rate.

When they sell, print two copies of the shipping label and put one on each package, marking manually One of Two and Two of Two.

Do you need to be reminded to use metric when estimating from Canada Post?  Anything else is a guess.

To list in US dollars, you now have to list on dotCOM and you will be using Flat Rate from an International Location as your shipping choice.  Then you enter the cost you worked out from here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Are you familiar with chitchatexpress and stallion express? These are forwarders who will carry your parcels across the border for a small fee and put them into USPS. If you are near one of their offices, you may find them a blessing.

There is a Hold on customer payments to new and returning sellers.

There is  GST charged on your fees to eBay.

There is a 10% fee on your shipping charges.

Don't panic about the state sales tax on your invoices. That's paid by the buyer through eBay. You don't touch it and it is not a cost to you.

There are more changes since the currency change in 2016. Ask questions.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@steveinpellysk wrote:

I have not sold on eBay for a while and if this keeps up, I'm likely to not want to.

I have an old TurboLister for Canada and it doesn't really work well anymore.

And although I am in Canada, most of my items will end up in the US and I would like to ensure those listings are in US$

/rant off

How old is the Turbolister version you're using?

There have been so many significant policy and listing changes made over the last couple of years that trying to create new listings with an old version is very unlikely to succeed. If you have not already done so it will be necessary to update to the latest available version if possible. Some of the older versions could not be updated requiring a newer replacement download which then could be updated.

There is not a freeware replacement for TL that I've found. The avenue of least resistance might be to just use eBay's web based sell your item form (advanced version) … I'm a former TL user and this is how I create listings now. I find the latest TL does not behave up to it's former standard … too slow, functionality as degraded too.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply