publisher update

So greeeeeaaaaat, some one in corporate decided it was a good idea if the sellers updated alllllll of their listings to put a publisher on it....  So now in order to relist items I have to put a publisher on each of my 600 listings.  It's REQUIRED, not a suggestion, nope you gotta do it to pay ebay to let you list your stuff.  And no they don't create an easy listing tool, nope you laboriously have to change each one....  I had thought to get a bigger store but this treatment does make me want to list items on another platform, I mean if I had 2000 listings that I had to change I'd be out of my mind....  EBAY stop being so heavy handed with your changes; if you want to take my time COMPENSATE me....  or don't MAKE me change things, it's MY store, let me run it the way I want to within the law.  This isn't the first time you made me edit most of my listings, so I am getting tired of every couple of months taking extra hours to satisfy some make work corporate type up there trying to make a name for themselves.  I DON'T WORK FOR YOU

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

publisher update

We went through this a couple of years ago when the option to list in USD on dotCA disappeared.

The listings we wanted to remain in USD had to be transferred to dotCOM and the bulk relister was a total goldfish.

But if your listings open and close a few every day, you can spread the updates over a month.

Just close the GTC and put them on your Unsold List as they come to the end of their 30 days.

Then from the Unsold List, choose the ones you need to change by clicking on Edit.

Now you get a spreadsheet.

Click on Item Specifics and add the publisher- while you're at it update your Return /Refund specifics too.

Relist and Add Note to remind yourself that those listings have been updated.

Boring but when you spread it out over a month not horrible.  You should be able to do 20 in well under 15 minutes and by the end of October you will be all caught up.

BTW- many sellers believe that Sell Similar gives you a boost in Search that is slightly better than Re-List.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

publisher update

Publisher information that OP refers to is for COMIC BOOKS -- it does not apply to regular BOOKS.

Lots of comic book series that have multiple publishers (that restart the issue numbers). So you can have 3 different issues with the same exact title and issue number, but completely different content. And no unique ISBN to separate them.

It can be a hassle when eBay changes the rules -- but it is their venue -- one does not have to sell here.

And as femmefan says, you can break up the revisions into smaller, easier to manage updates.

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

publisher update

Well you get this every couple of months, some heavy handed change... and yes I can do all that, but I have 600 listings, some people have thousands, more....

you can answer any complaint with you don't have to patronize this place......  I find that a little frustrating, I pay for a store and I have considered upgrading, but if I have thousands of listings and I have to change each one individually every few months when some corporate type decides its a good idea, I certainly won't be upgrading....

Now I have a lot of time invested in this store, and I don't plan on moving yet;  I don't see a viable alternative yet.  I just find this micro managing of my store frustrating and time consuming, and I would like Ebay to consider the impact that these changes have on our time.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

publisher update

What is more sensible, updating your listings a few a day as they end their monthly runs ?

Or getting a demand for a refund when the issue you ship is the right title and number but , as dennis explained, the wrong publisher and therefore the wrong issue?

This is one of four selling IDs I use, with over 12,000 active and unsold listings. (I've got to get some of those unsolds listed, Real Soon Now.)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

publisher update

These never-ending modifications/updates/upgrades/tinkering are time-consuming to even a hobbyist eBayer, let alone a person that is trying to do it on a full-time basis. Compares to how the sellers were compensated for their time and trouble with the recent photo debacle. Maybe more time needs to be spent on fixing what is broken instead of deleting features that sellers thought worked perfectly in past by giving them better control of their personal overall selling experience and so as not to reduce their possibilities for sales. Just like buyers need to be able to make the decisions they need from a listing by being able to rely on the information in the actual listings from a seller.

-CM

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

publisher update

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply