Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

Hello Canadian sellers,

This thread is open for discussion regarding the recent announcement about eBay Canada retiring USD support from its selling flows. Myself and other employees will come visit this thread and do our best to answer any questions on this topic.

Message 1 of 1,448
latest reply
1,447 REPLIES 1,447

spread ALL over my items, preventing buyers to buy my items !

Message 1441 of 1,448
latest reply

Could the problem be that you are giving your customers too much choice?

For example, I notice on that Gecko IN.TOUCH2 WiFi & RF MODULE you have three US services offered, two of which (Small Packet and Expedited) give  the buyer the same delivery time although one is three times the cost.

What the buyer may not know is that Small Packet USA has no tracking or insurance on the $300 item. No problem for the customer, but that would make most sellers nervous.

Why not simplify and only offer the $23 Tracked Packet which is a tad faster? Better for you and for your customer.

I think that while there may well  be a billing glitch happening (and if there is go to Paypal and bill the customer directly, you can let eBay know that he has paid manually* later.) we also have to look at alternative actions on our own part, whether that is massaging our listings or finding other ways to ship.

*I mostly ship with stamps and no tracking, but manually marking purchases shipped has never been a problem. When I do use a tracked service, I can add the tracking number manually too.

Message 1442 of 1,448
latest reply

Canada:

Expedited

Regular

Xpresspost

USA:

small packet

Tracked packet 

or expedited & xpresspost USA for bigger items

International 

Small packet Airmail (surface & xpresspost for bigger items)

Tracked packet 

AirMail parcel

Shipping services have no relation of what you are writing.

It is an ebay.ca glitch, as everything is correct on ebay.ca for all destinations.

Message 1443 of 1,448
latest reply

Hi Sleco and I hope you are enjoying your Summer so far.  Minus the eBay selling frustrations I guess?!?

But I tend to agree with the lovely femme who replied to you also.

Not sure why you are offering so many 'options'  re shipping?  Can Post or whatever!

On things less than 1 kg/2 lbs, I only offer 2 options, 'regular' Air or tracked.  Over 1 kg, I only offer one, Expedited.

I remember you saying that sometimes you ship from the US too re suppliers, which might be an added 'complication'?

But can you just not simplify the whole thing and sell all on .ca... as opposed to .ca.fr or .com in USD?

I don't know honestly (as I'm not doing what you're doing), but it seems to me a lot of the 'bugs' you're having problems with might be due to not 'simplifying' overall.. if that's even possible for you.

Continued success either way and hang in there/best wishes,  Alison 🙂

Message 1444 of 1,448
latest reply

We can’t afford that wall!

Message 1445 of 1,448
latest reply

Near a year and a half later after $USD is no more accepted on ebay.ca...what are the results ???

All worries and apprehensions from buyers have happened.  

-Visibility of items are poor on ebay.ca, as expected.  Same item on ebay.com show double, triple the views of the same items on ebay.ca, usually less expensive.

-Sales have dropped of -55%

- 9-months run (and still running) annoying bugs on calculated shipping services.  Prevents buyers to checkout correctly.  sporadic for ALL buyers (Can, USA & intern.)

-Combined shipping bug, when more than 1 item bought.

-Checkout bugs for all buyers from July'17 to mid-sept '17.

-Since oct.03th new item selling form (on ca/fr) page have HUGE bug:  the case entries for the item Dimensions & weight ARE MISSING.  Can not put new items to sales, can not creates new ads.  (I can do it on ca/en)

-Turbolister have the same bug, even if I modify items one by one, the case entries for Dimensions & weight are missing too.

- I can not modify any of my items dimensions & weight of ALL my existing listings, all items do not show case entries dimension/weight too.

- Ebay "concierge" do nothing and do not answered anymore to my request or questions

In resuming, EBAY SCREW UP everything, impacting me for more than 55% of the sales, compared to last 2 years & more.

And I am sure that I am not the only one.

All promises of traffic grow up, sales grow up, was a bunch of LIES !

Message 1446 of 1,448
latest reply

Zombie thread

@happy_pigeon

Message 1447 of 1,448
latest reply

Thank you @ypdc_dennis.

OP and anyone else who wants to continue the discussion are encouraged to open a fresh thread if they like so that users have access to the most recent/accurate information.

Message 1448 of 1,448
latest reply