Can I sell to a repeat customer without creating a listing?

A buyer wants to buy an item that was listed previously but sold to someone else. I have a second identical item.  This buyer has just purchased something else from me so we are communicating.  Is there any way to sell direct to him through ebay without creating a public listing?  Usually I just re-list and give these buyers an advance warning so they can get it right away if they want.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

"Usually I just re-list and give these buyers an advance warning so they can get it right away if they want."

That's what I do also. Sometimes I will even put at top "Special listing for......" So far the interested party has always got it. You can show the combined shipping with other item they purchased from you.

Just do "sell similar" from the one that sold before and all the information is carried forward, it's not like doing a new listing from scratch.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

@drinfidel wrote:

A buyer wants to buy an item that was listed previously but sold to someone else. I have a second identical item.  This buyer has just purchased something else from me so we are communicating.  Is there any way to sell direct to him through ebay without creating a public listing?  Usually I just re-list and give these buyers an advance warning so they can get it right away if they want.

I'm not sure if there's an official way to do it, but you could put the item up at several times it's value with offers turned on. The buyer can then send you an offer for the agreed upon price.

If you are communicating through eBay, you must list the item through eBay so that the buyer can purchase through eBay and that  also gives protection for both parties.

Wellll-- you have his address.

And he has yours.

And when you have been in a transaction, you can give your personal email to your customer.

But it would be cleaner to drop a business card with contact information, or a personal note, into any shipment.

Many large companies use eBay as an advertising medium to reach new customers.