EBay fees way to high

mbpctek
Community Member
Why is eBay fee’s so high now. Like it’s not worth selling here anymore unless you are a business.. use to be best place to sell used items. Now My options here in Canada are Kijiji or Facebk marketplace..or is this just me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Since you haven't been selling on this ID for a year or so, you will have to register for Managed Payments so that eBay can transfer any customer payments to your bank.

You need a chequing account with a Canadian bank, plus some further ID. EBay will accept your SIN, but most Canadians don't want to use that. DH used his driving license while I used my passport.  There have been problems reported with the micro-payments so I'd avoid those.

When you do start selling again, your customer's cleared payment will be Held against your performance for up to 30 days. Having a tracking number to show delivery helps shorten this period.

And the Hold is there in part because there are so many new and returning sellers who may not be aware of customer (and eBay) expectations.

marnotom!
Community Member

Remember that in the past, you were paying fees both to eBay and PayPal.  Now your payment processing fees are combined with your final value fees, and eBay adjusted its FVF to reflect that.

Think about the total you're paying in fees for a typical sale.  If you were selling something for somebody on commission for that amount, would you find it worth your while to take on commission sales?