Ebay Isn't doing enough to help Canadian sellers. Since they they changed the currency rule,

Since Ebay forced Canadians to list in Canadian dollars, sales have dropped dramatically. WHY DO THEY KEEP CHANGING THINGS ?? I search items, and see that they sell high , I go to sell the same item and get squat. Whats up with that? This is just brutal . brutal brutal.   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

@gaudium2 wrote:

Since Ebay forced Canadians to list in Canadian dollars,...

You are not required to list in Canadian dollars, you can list in US$ on eBay.COM

A non-store seller gets 50 free listings per month on both eBay.ca and eBay.com

Have found that most categories of items that I list in using CDN work very well, others not so well. However, those items that have a tendency to sell better in USD, I list those on .com.

Decide what you want to get for your item.

Decide how you are going to ship your item.

You now know what you want your customer to pay for the item.

if you have to ship parcel (the item is over 2cm thick or more than 500gr) list it on dot CA in Canadian dollars using Calculated Shipping.

This will tell your customer exactly how much she will pay delivered to your doorstep.

Parcel rates vary not only with weight and dimensions but also with distance.

Vary wildly.

Not using Calculated Shipping on parcels is a profit killer.

Don't worry tat some customers will pass you buy. You are here to make money not lose it.

Some sales are not worth having.

If you can ship LetterPost/Light Packet use dot COM and Flat Rate shipping. If as suggested you add the cost of shipping into the asking price, you can call this Free Shipping and customers love that.

If you use both dotCA and dotCOM to list, you get 50 Free Listings on each site,

with minor scuffs, as seen in pictures.

No.

Decribe as if you have no pictures and picture as if you have no words.

If the patio table is the only surface you have, throw a plain tablecloth over it. The pattern of the table is confusing on a laptop. It would be worse on a phone.

And look at your listings on a mobile.

Shockingly different, right?

52 % of transactions involve mobiles. Think about that.

If you want $10US for an item, but need to ship parcel, list it for $12CDN with Calculated Shipping.

If it can go to anywhere in Canada or the USA for LP rate of (say)$5CDN list it on dot COM for $12.99USD with Free Shipping.

And more details in your Item Descriptions. For those buyers who like the read, give them something to digest and they will feel like they're getting value added to their purchase. 

Also, you need more pictures, clearer photos, and be sure to set your postage costs to actual cost without handling fees. Or roll that postage cost into the asking price and call it free shipping. Since you asked. 

I believe buyers gravitate toward sellers that are Top-Rated or Top-Rated Plus. Until you meet that threshold, you are at a disadvantage, as were we all.