Hotwheels shipping by lettermail

Good morning. I have seen lots of people selling hotwheels offering 2-3 dollar shipping with lettermail. I think for lettermail, the item can not be more than 2cm thick.

I found an unopened hoteheels at home. Did the measurement and it is 3.5cm, almost double of the 2cm requirement.

How could people offer lettermail shipping but it is clearly more than 2cm?

Is there something I am missing here? I would think most of the hotwheels will be more than 2cm you gain some and you lose some on shipping doesn't count either...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I sell Wade Whimsies there are a few that I can ship via Lettermail as they are under 2cm thick when packaged, it's really a game of ...

Do not forget to secure the item to the center of the package so it does not get caught in the sorting equipment...

Some hotwheels are very thin. It's possible some really do meet the 2cm size limit even if most do not.  It's also possible they're just sending them lettermail anyway and hoping they get through. If they're small and light enough and are put in the box rather than being handed in over the counter, the workers may be too busy to bother checking them.

Fact is these selllers are most likely the same ones who ship these "goods"/"merchandise" items as lettermail to USA/International destinations and believe the Canada Post rules,policies, guidelines don't apply to them....