How do I handle a potential reshipper?

Hi there. I have a customer who recently purchased an item from me to be shipped to a US address. However upon looking into the address, it turns out that it belongs to a reshipping company that provides intermediary services for Russian customers. I also found some results suggesting that it's a scam, as buyers leave INR / INAD cases.

For my specific situation, the item is being shipped with tracking (Canada Post Tracked Packet). What is eBay's current policy regarding reshippers in this case? If I decide that I need to cancel the transaction, does the buyer need to confirm that the address is for reshipping for it to be valid for cancellation (to claim that something is wrong with the buyer's address)?

View Entire Topic

Freight forwarders are the second safest addresses you can ship to.*

Most of the bad things you hear about them can be put down to US paranoia and xenophobia.

Once accepted by the forwarder, whether it is a company or Auntie Ludmilla in NYC, most of the Money Back Guarantee is void.

EBay's own "freight forwarder" is called the Global Shipping Program. While there are many complaints about it from buyers, shippers love it because of their strong protection under the GSP.

*The safest are post office boxes. American sellers often refuse to ship to those too.