Question for Management on selling in US dollars

I have sold on Ebay since 1999, I have always enjoyed selling in US dollars as that is where almost 90% of my customers are.  I also buy most of my items from the USA so I enjoy spending my US dollars I earn on Ebay with out have to pay the exchange from CDN to USA dollars.  During COVID Canadians were once again allowed to get 10,000 free listings not only for use on CDN and CDN French but also on USA.  My question to management is why not let us continue to list the 10,000 listings on the com site, and in USD.  Why force us back to only listing in CDN dollars when for almost 9 months in 2020 it was ok to list in USD. Thank you for your consideration.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

"On August 8th, we announced a significant increase in zero insertion fees for fixed price listings in select categories on ebay.ca and cafr.ebay.ca for sellers with store subscriptions. "

Yep. Looks like if you want 10,000 or 100,000 "free" listings, you have to subscribe to a Store, which you do,  and be selling in the categories eBay wants more listings in.

I believe one of those is Collectibles.  Are your collectibles listed as a subset of that category or as something else?

I know I can list sewing patterns as Crafts or as Collectibles and that can make a difference.

tyler@ebay  may have an answer for you.

But I looked at my own Seller Hub -> Promotional Offers  and I still have 49,916 free listings available on dotCOM and 99,832 free listings on dotCA.

This may end with the listings made in December.

I have  Store and hold a Global TRS, if that makes any difference.

We can list on dotCOM in US dollars and on dotCA in Cdn dollars. But we can no longer list in USD on dotCA, nor have we been able to for nearly five years.

I wish I had room to store 151,000 listings. If I have more on dot com......grimacing  It will be awhile before I get up to 1000 I am paying for each month in store fees on dot ca.

Does anyone know if it's possible to give away free listings? Or would that be a transaction outside of eBay? Hmmmm upside_downgrinopen_mouth

Listing offers.JPG

-Lotz

I have the 10000 listing offer on both .ca and .com.  Are you saying that you don’t see it on .com?