Someone just offer a reasonable price for a auction item listed, he wants it now, I tried to add buy

Someone just offer a reasonable price for a auction item listed, he wants it now (ASAP), I tried to add "buy it now", but can't. Can I end early and sell it for the price he offered?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Someone just offer a reasonable price for a auction item listed, he wants it now, I tried to add buy

You can but it depends on whether or not there are outstanding bids on it. Those would need to be cancelled first. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Is this for the amp? Is the buyer one of the two people who've already bid on it? If so, it ends in only a day, why not let it ride and encourage your buyer to bid or increase their maximum bid? I don't run many auctions so you might want to wait until another seller wades into the topic for better advice.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Why would anyone who needs an amp ASAP buy by mail?

Does he also want Priority Post (overnight) shipment? Does he know how much that costs?

You can only see the high bids of your bidders, not the maximum bid.

Most bids arrive in the last few minutes of the auction, even the last few seconds.

Invite him to bid his maximum.

If his max turns out to be the high bid, and if you don't think you will ever get any more bids, then you can end the auction and he wins automatically as the high bidder.

If his max turns out to be lower than the highest bid you already have, you don't lose anything.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If it is for the amp, all he gains is a day and a half.

High maintenance?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Sometimes the 'do me a solid, bro' bidder ends up being full of hot air. He might just be nibbling at you to see what your tolerance is for being accommodating. At this point, I'd say it's to late to end it. Ebay takes kind of a dim view of ending auctions early when there are outstanding bids and you risk alienating the existing bidders if the deal with this other guy falls through. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply