buyer wants to cancel transaction but will not respond

I had an item listed for 10 days now highest bidder emailed and said his niece had bid without his consent. He asked me to second chance offer the item. I emailed him & said  I would cancel & send the ebay cancel transaction form and he would have to agree. I've been waiting 9 days with no response. I did send him a reminder on the fifth day with no reply. What do I do????

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The bidder won the item but has not paid? He is ignoring your request to accept the Cancellation?

Sorry, if you sent a Mutual Cancellation, you cannot change it to an Unpaid Item Dispute. One or the other.

With an MC the buyer can leave feedback. So be calm and polite in any future communication. However, after 9 days, the MC should have cancelled the transaction automatically. The buyer does not actually have to do anything, it just faster if he agrees.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You file a non paying bidder with ebay so they will refund  your seller fees back, you then send second chance offer or relist!. Also block that buyer from bidding on your items in the future!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The bidder won the item but has not paid? He is ignoring your request to accept the Cancellation?

Sorry, if you sent a Mutual Cancellation, you cannot change it to an Unpaid Item Dispute. One or the other.

With an MC the buyer can leave feedback. So be calm and polite in any future communication. However, after 9 days, the MC should have cancelled the transaction automatically. The buyer does not actually have to do anything, it just faster if he agrees.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can close the cancellation after 7 days to get your fees back.. If you don't close it and the buyer doesn't respond, iy automatically closes after 60 days but you do not receive your fees back.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply