what to do if the buyer got the refund and didnot ship your item

i am new to ebay joined a couple months ago and this is my first time i sold an item on ebay such a bad experience buyer got her refund and did not send my item back

i dont know what to do

customer service lady said they cannot do anything about it she asked me to report the buyer 

i am not getting my dress back and no money such a bad one

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There is nothing you can do.

Well, possibly start a Small Claims Court case.

The Standard Practice in these cases is to very politely tell the unhappy buyer to return the item for a full refund. That's a refund of the purchase price plus original shipping.

The Best Practice is o very politely tell the unhappy buyer to return the item for a full refund BUT if the error was the seller's, the refund includes the return shipping.

If the buyer starts an Item Not Received case against you, very politely tell the unhappy buyer to return the item for a full refund. When you receive it, refund the purchase price plus original shipping. There should be no blowback against you if you refund the buyer after receiving the item.

You basically got scammed out of both money and item. Try to tell yourself it was a learning experience. Yeah, I detest those too.Woman Frustrated

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello '2014_aroos",

Did you send that item to the buyer using a Delivery Confirmed service?  You do not say

what kind of claim the buyer opened. 

There are only 2 kinds of claim, - for Not as Described,  or Not Received.

If you do not use Delivery Confirmation a buyer can say she never got the item and you cannot

prove otherwise, - so the buyer will be refunded.

If the buyer opens a claim for Not as Decribed. your response to the claim should be a cheerful

'return for refund'.  Ebay/paypal will require the buyer to return the item - herself using a

Delivery Confirmed (tracked) service.  Here's what ebay says about it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html

Sometimes sellers issue 'partial' refunds, for instance when they send an electronic gadget but

forget to include the adapter.  It's cheaper and easier for everyone if the seller refunds a few bob

so the buyer can just go and buy a new adapter.

Or if one piece of the set arrives broken, say, one glass out of the set of 6. 

If a buyer files a claim for 'Not Received', unless you can prove delivery you will lose.  Ebay tells

you all about it here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/item-not-received.html

I'm sorry you lost like this.  There are so many people in the world who will prey on newbies,

buyers and sellers alike.  The best thing you can do for yourself is get to know the system, send

with tracking where possible, and read up on ebay's policies to avoid having any problems in

the future.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply