Can't even print label with Shippo now...

This is the error I encountered today:

1 label could not be purchased:

• To pay by credit card, a default payment card must be indicated on your Canada Post online profile. Please ensure an active card is stored as the default. Contract shippers may use "account" as an alternate method of payment.

I *do* have a credit card attached on both my Shippo and my Snap Ship account. So what happened today is when I log onto Shippo, I was unable to see my newest order despite Sync-ing and refreshing. So I disconnected my eBay account and then linked the account to my newer Snap Ship account (because for whatever bizarre reason I couldn't login to my older Snap Ship account since months ago). I have used that Snap Ship account before to print non-eBay labels just fine. Did that developer program thingie and linked Shippo with Snap Ship. After all of these are done, I could see my newest order on Shippo. Just about to print the label and I got the error above.......... *sigh* think it's time for me to ditch Shippo and just copy-and-paste address with Snap Ship instead sob

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

To pay by credit card, a default payment card must be indicated on your Canada Post online profile. Please ensure an active card is stored as the default. Contract shippers may use "account" as an alternate method of  payment.

Regarding the credit card, any chance the info has changed since registering? I'm thinking a lapsed expiry date here. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Nope, that's not it. I checked and my credit card in both accounts are 2021 so they aren't expiring. Oh well, it worked with Snap Ship, I'll bring the barcode for printing at CP instead to save some toner lol
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Good attitude to have, find a positive in every situation. Toner isn't cheap and labels use a lot of it!

That online custom form does save time at the PO.
Do you print the tiny little QR code or just have them scan it directly from your phone?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I had them scan directly from my phone!

But then today I learned that they still just print it onto a piece of paper (I was expecting they'd print onto a thermal label) and I'd have to tape it on to the box. And I didn't bring tape so I ended up buying an overpriced roll of $3 CP tape there.

So back to printing at home and taping it at home... I wasn't comfortable spending a lot of time at the post office during a pandemic.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply