More Shippo Questions

Just when I was getting comfortable with Snap Ship I was blocked out so I used Shippo.

The label was created before I was aware of what was happening because I can't see anywhere I was charged.

Also, Expedited to the States was less expensive than small packet.

I have a label but I have no idea if I paid for it and/or if it's valid.

Is that what others are experiencing as well?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

More Shippo Questions

@sylviebee wrote:

Just when I was getting comfortable with Snap Ship I was blocked out so I used Shippo.

The label was created before I was aware of what was happening because I can't see anywhere I was charged.

As for payment. Check Shippo's "$ Billing" link -- it has Unbilled Transactions and Past Invoices.

Several other threads mention the default is payment from paypal once a week or whenever the the amount owed is greater than $100 (it is said that different values can be requested).

Go to Canada Post and put in the tracking number (for anything except Small Packet) -- and it should show as purchased (although Canada Post can take a couple of hours to update).

USA rates this week...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/July-rates-eBay-Shippo-vs-Canada-Post-Snap-Ship-vs-PayPal...

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

More Shippo Questions

It seems to be a valid label because when I track it it says that the electronic information has been submitted but there is no declaration and it's going the States.

I have several more to do and I have no idea what's going on.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

The info I received from Shippo was that they bill your PayPal account once a week or when your bill reaches $100, whichever comes first.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

Yikes.  That will take some getting used to.

Also,  is it the norm for expedited to be more expensive than small packet?

And........ there don't seem to be any discounts here.  The label cost quite a bit more than Snap Ship did and also more than PP, or is that just my imagination?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

Oops.  It's staying in Canada so that explains some of it.

But still seems very expensive.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

About a dollar more than PP and quite a bit more than Snap Ship was.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

@sylviebee wrote:

As for payment. Check Shippo's "$ Billing" link -- it has Unbilled Transactions and Past Invoices.

Several other threads mention the default is payment from paypal once a week or whenever the the amount owed is greater than $100 (it is said that different values can be requested).

Go to Canada Post and put in the tracking number (for anything except Small Packet) -- and it should show as purchased (although Canada Post can take a couple of hours to update).

USA rates this week...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/July-rates-eBay-Shippo-vs-Canada-Post-Snap-Ship-vs-PayPal...

-..-

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

I chose $C for the Shippo label but I only have $US in my PP account.

If they're billing my CC then I'd like to use $C but if they're billing PP then I think I'll pay with $US.

Anyone know how that works?  Wouldn't it be better if they just billed the CC and kept PP out of it?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

@sylviebee wrote:

I chose $C for the Shippo label but I only have $US in my PP account.

If they're billing my CC then I'd like to use $C but if they're billing PP then I think I'll pay with $US.

Anyone know how that works?  Wouldn't it be better if they just billed the CC and kept PP out of it?

Last time I checked you get to pick credit card OR paypal.

See: "$ Billings"  >> "Payment Methods"

-..-

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

I'd prefer to have my Shippo charges be paid out of Paypal, but my concern was whether I'd get charged for currency exchange (I usually keep only $USD in my PP account). 

Do you know whether Shippo and/or Paypal charge for currency conversion for these shipping labels?  It's a minor amount, I know, but over time it will add up.  

I suppose the alternative is to upload some $CDN funds from my bank account to keep a $CDN balance in my Paypal account.  I'd really prefer not to have Shippo charges go onto my credit card. 

This is all just such a pain...

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

@rose-dee wrote:

Do you know whether Shippo and/or Paypal charge for currency conversion for these shipping labels?  It's a minor amount, I know, but over time it will add up.  

I suppose the alternative is to upload some $CDN funds from my bank account to keep a $CDN balance in my Paypal account.  I'd really prefer not to have Shippo charges go onto my credit card. 

Pretty sure other users here have confirmed that all charges are in CAD, and any references to USD on the Shippo site are for reference and don't reflect the billed amounts.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

@rose-dee wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

I'd prefer to have my Shippo charges be paid out of Paypal, but my concern was whether I'd get charged for currency exchange (I usually keep only $USD in my PP account). 

This is all just such a pain...

If you only keep $US in your account, didn't Paypal have to convert to Canadian when you used Paypal shipping?

Instead of uploading Canadian funds form your bank, you can convert some of the $US  to Canadian within Paypal.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

You're right. When I signed up today I'm sure that I was given the option of paying with a credit card or PP.

If Sylvie wants to change that she might have to go back into her account settings in Shippo and set that up there.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

More Shippo Questions

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If you only keep $US in your account, didn't Paypal have to convert to Canadian when you used Paypal shipping?

Instead of uploading Canadian funds form your bank, you can convert some of the $US  to Canadian within Paypal.

If you are going to do a conversion within paypal, that would be the preferred way to do it rather than at the transaction/cart/billing level as you'll get a better fx rate.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply