Broken cart - Unable to add same item from different sellers.

virtualsam
Community Member

eBay cart is broken - I'm unable to add the same item from different sellers in my cart. It only lists 1 item although I added several more identical items from different sellers...

Any ideas? Am I alone with this problem?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are they in different currencies?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you want the same item from different sellers, there is actually no need to Add to Cart, just Buy it Now. It's not like these different sellers of the same item can combine postage for you anyway. Skip the Cart, or checkout one at a time. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

virtualsam
Community Member

Adding to cart several same items allows to compare price and shipping costs more easily.

For now, removing items until the cart's total is under 25ish items seems to have fixed it... for now.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Have you tried the Watch list? Or Collections? The Shopping Cart may be malfunctioning because you're using it for that which was not intended.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I use Collections EXTENSIVELY - but since they're just a visually pleasant way to look at items, I use them as bookmarks or reminder for items I'm interested in. A spreadsheet would be more useful in terms of buying and comparing prices.

As for watch lists, they just serves to tell the world someone's interested in an item when you watch it. Thus, potentially urging someone else buy it before you do... so I don't use watch lists anymore.

Things will always be used in ways not intended when functionalities are lacking - eBay is old and its limits are not hard to reach. I butt on them every time I use eBay...

Thank you for your comment!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

That was likely the problem. I believe that the cart only handles so many items at a time.

I've done the same thing that you do...add items to the cart while I'm comparison shopping.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply