Default currency settings

FRUSTRATED!

I need my default currency across the entire website to be in Canadian dollars, NOT in US dollars. I am on ebay.ca, so that is NOT the cause. I'm rather tired of my totals being completely out of whack because my bid is being taken in US currency. This never used to happen, but it does now, there's no intuitive way to fix it, and I cannot TELL you how annoyed I am!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Default currency settings

Unfortunately, if you bid or buy items listed in another currency, the listed currency is the currency default. It is a global marketplace. There is son way to change it other then to make absolutely certain you are ALWAYS logged into ebay.ca NOT ebay.com. I do hear your frustration. In addition to currency exchange between CAD and USD or the pound or euro or yen or whatever, you also have to consider the rate of exchange being offered by paypal versus your credit card or bank and the additional percentage they might add to do it. Your best bet may be to simply buy from Canadian sellers who have listed their items in CAD. (Canadian sellers who list is USD also lose on currency conversion.) Even more ideal is if you can find a local seller and offer to pay cash on pick-up? Some do. There are ways to filter your search results to show that. Best wishes as you carry forward. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply