Oct. 14 2014 : New "Order Detail" doesn't show phone number anymore !

Hello !

I always create my customers with phone number in my "In House" software + I ship 95% of the time with UPS and they require a phone number.

What's up with the new "Order Detail" page ?

Martin.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Using Selling Manager (Basic or Pro) can be confusing because it becomes part of My eBay and it duplicates the Active, Sold and UnSold listing views but with its own layout and style. I suspect you are looking at My eBay Sold listing view still and not Selling Manager Sold Listing view.

To get to Selling Manager views, on My eBay page, top left under Activity tab you see Summary, hover over this and a drop down list will appear with Selling Manager. Click on Selling Manager and the My ebay Page will refresh with Selling Manager on the left with options for it. Click on Sold and the Selling Manager Sold listings will appear. Click on a Record Number to see the details and the phone number.

I checked my recent sales and I have the phone numbers (Canada, USA, International) in all the sales I looked at.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Another feature that the new Order Details page does not have is the Mark as Shipped button. This is necessary when some orders do not require tracking, and therefore I must use the button located on my main selling page. This triggers the whole page to refresh on my browser (Chrome). The old Order Details page had this button, and it would be greatly appreciated if this was returned. Otherwise I can say I do like the style! Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

Noah

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Should I call eBay or someone here will read this message and do something about it ?

I've been using phone numbers to create my customers in my system for the past 14 years with eBay , UPS require a phone number and with a phone number I'm sure I don't create my customers in double in my system .

Is there a moderator here ?

Martin.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

eBay Selling Manager has a Sales Record which is similar to the order details page and still has the phone number field. Selling Manager (basic version) is free to subscribe to.  Selling Manager Pro costs $15.99 a month (but is free for Premium and Anchor store owners).

SM might be a work around for you.

I also posted your issue in the eBay Weekly Session here so that is it seen by eBay.ca staff.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/October-15th-2014-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/274097...

Their response is not helpful. So you will need to see if SM will work for you.

Here is a link to Selling Manager products

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/sellingresources/sellingmanager.html

SM needs to be subscribed to on each site that you wish to use. So if you list on eBay.ca and ebay.com, subscribe on both sites.  They will work together and act as one.

I hope this helps.

PS Be careful with Selling Manager Pro on two sites. It may be free only on the site where the eBay Premium Store is registered. You can have Pro on one site and basic on the other. I did years ago when I had SM Pro. I know have SM basic on both sites without issues.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'll look into that later on today.

Martin !

Martin.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I just signed up for the selling manager Pro at $16.00 per month and nothing I still can't see customer phone numbers but I just realized that Canadian buyers I can see their phone numbers but not the US buyers !

Anyone can help me with this ?

Martin.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Using Selling Manager (Basic or Pro) can be confusing because it becomes part of My eBay and it duplicates the Active, Sold and UnSold listing views but with its own layout and style. I suspect you are looking at My eBay Sold listing view still and not Selling Manager Sold Listing view.

To get to Selling Manager views, on My eBay page, top left under Activity tab you see Summary, hover over this and a drop down list will appear with Selling Manager. Click on Selling Manager and the My ebay Page will refresh with Selling Manager on the left with options for it. Click on Sold and the Selling Manager Sold listings will appear. Click on a Record Number to see the details and the phone number.

I checked my recent sales and I have the phone numbers (Canada, USA, International) in all the sales I looked at.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you very much , I just did what you suggested me and ( as of this morning ) I have all info needed including phone numbers.

Awesome.

OK back to work.

Martin !

Martin.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

One more thing.

Phone number is a vital information for me.

1st : I create all my customers in my in house software with phone number so that way I don't create  ( example ) 5 time Mr. Greg Smith , phone numbers are unique but Greg Smith name is not..

2nd : since 90+ % of my customers are US buyers I ship 99.9% of the time with UPS and they do require phone number.

Martin .

Laval , Quebec , Canada !

Martin.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply