How to Keep Photo Uploader Setting on "Standard"

When listing my items, I use the Sell Similar function to create each new listing. In my listings, I never, ever use the Basic photo uploader -- I always use the Standard one. However, about three times out of every five times that I am creating a new listing, the uploader opens with the Basic page prominent and I have to change it back to the Standard one again. So annoying. Does anyone know why it keeps reverting to the Basic one and what I can do about it? Thanks, Laurie.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It has been doing that as long as I can remember and I don't think there is any way to stop it. Unfortunately.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for responding. It's not good news, but at least I now know that I'm not the onnly one this is happening to. Something else to watch out for is this: suddenly, the listing currency choice keeps changing as well. I always list in US $ but the currency choice often switches to CDN $. I didn't notice this at first and a whole lot of my listings went up in CDN $, and I had to open them all and revise them. VERY annoying!!!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are welcome. Another seller might be able to tell you whether or not using Turbolister offers a suitable workaround but, as I run a Mac, I have no idea if it does because it is not supported. The thing with the USD versus CAD is more recent and it is not a bug. That is deliberate. There was an announcement http://announcements.ebay.ca/2015/08/27/7703/ but sellers began reporting what you are talking about at least four to six weeks prior to that.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. I knew about that announcement and thought it might have something to do with this. However, I thought it was just a recommendation. The fact that they went ahead and made a global change to everyone's listings is inexcusable.

I wish eBay took more time to consider the impacts that their "improvements" have on the user. You currently have 830 items listed. If they all went up in the wrong currency and you wanted to change them, you would have to do so individually (there is no global change option). The consequences for you? Physical impact: 830 X 5 mouse clicks = 4,150 additional mouse clicks. Time impact: 830 listings X 2 minutes = 1,660 minutes (28 hours!). Some improvement, eh?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply