Respect of my country shipping choice .

Sale 191750099260 offer local pickup only ! but someone from Taiwan was able to buy it . Sale 191783112425 offer USA/CANADA only! But someone from Russia was able to buy it. It’s clear to me that buyer is king on ebay ! and seller is an ...  . These two non sale give me lot of troubles ( I must cancel sale, ask buyer to accept) and probably get defect in my sales. How they do that ? How to report that to bay ?seem something impossible ! Thanks for your help ......  Pierre

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Do you have those countries that you don't want to ship-to BLOCKED or excluded from your seller ship-to locations?

Not specifying a shipping service or cost is not enough to stop a buyer from anywhere from buyer it. All it will do is display the message:

The seller has not specified a shipping method to [wherever]. Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab and request shipping to your location.

Go to your account settings and look under buyer blocks and exclude shipping locations. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

For the two overseas customers, you can handle the problem this way.

Since they cannot pay until you bill them with the  appropriate shipping service.

For these countries you would want Air Mail so that the purchase arrives quickly and you would want Confirmation of Delivery for your own proection.

Priority Post International would be an appropriate choice. Particularly for Russia which has a questionable customs service.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s8

For a parcel 75x50x10  cm and weighing 600 grams that would cost $122.63  from Ontario .

If they say that's too much you could offer a cancellation, which allows the customer to leave feedback, or go to an Unpaid Item Dispute which gives the non-payer a Strike and blocks feedback.

More important Block those countries you do not want to ship to.

One thought though. Many overseas customers, especially Asians, use forwarding services. The seller ships to a North American address, on the customer's Paypal account. There the seller's responsibility for delivery ends.

The forwarding service sends the parcel on its way to the customer.

(Which is basically what the GSP does but in this case the buyer opts to use it not the seller.)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'pierrer224', 

<<These two non sale give me lot of troubles ( I must cancel sale, ask buyer to accept) and probably get defect in my sales. How they do that ? How to report that to bay ?>>

Report it to ebay?  You would have to be reporting yourself for your mistake because even though your foreign buyers may not read English all that well, it was you who made the error in the listing.  

To begin, you will not get a defect because the reason you choose when you cancel is that the buyer lives in a country you do not ship to.  

Next, for the buyer of the Tube Preamp you can sweetly tell him that as your listing says you offer local pick-up only, you were wondering what day this week he will be in Canada to retrieve it.  

Or you can do as 'femmefan' suggests, -- explain to both your buyers that you had not intended to ship overseas as your listing clearly indicates, and then tell of them the shipping fee to his country.  Depending on how heavy those things are, it could be hundreds of dollars.  

When they see how expensive it is they will want to cancel.  Be nice about it, -- the reason this happened was your fault.

Then, do as 'mjw' tells you and block off all those other countries so that your listings do not appear to them.  Neither of these guys bought your item just to do you an injury.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply