ebay glitch paying via Paypal?

4ubiff
Community Member

Hello ...is anyone having issues attempting to pay for something via ebay/Paypal link? ...using the 'pay now', I am unable to get past the 'sign in' to Paypal screen within ebay, even though it states that I am signed in after I go through the process ...so I can't pay for my items ...any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@4ubiff wrote:

...using the 'pay now', I am unable to get past the 'sign in' to Paypal screen within ebay, even though it states that I am signed in after I go through the process ...so I can't pay for my items ...any suggestions?

Have you tried signing on your paypal account directly (not through ebay) just to check that everything is okay with paypal's end of things?

-..-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I am getting the same thing since  Sunday afternoon when I go to pay my bill I get a message saying  excessive amount & it is only 8.00

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@4ubiff wrote:

Hello ...is anyone having issues attempting to pay for something via ebay/Paypal link? ...using the 'pay now', I am unable to get past the 'sign in' to Paypal screen within ebay, even though it states that I am signed in after I go through the process ...so I can't pay for my items ...any suggestions?

Having same issue :((((

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Looks like the issue is still there. I can't make refund to a buyer. It keeps saying "The refund didn't go through".
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have sent a payment for an item twice now but it just keeps saying pending. Have contacted my seller and he says he can't accept the payment yet the amount was withdrawn from my account. There was a link to cancel the payment so I did. Why should I have my money tied up while they fix glitches on their site?. Something like this happens every time ebay does their ongoing spring and fall updates. Here we are heading into a long weekend which is usually a good time for sales and things aren't working right. Getting very tired of these constant glitches.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Don't buy anything. They will fix it quick enough if their sales grind to a screeching halt.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Good day, 

What you are describing may or may not be related to a partial issue as a seller we have been dealing with for a month now and a repair from eBay doesn't appear to be anywhere near. 

Ebay is corrupting our business policies - Payment and Shipping are the hardest hit

The impact on payment is eBay creating a payment policy with a PayPal account that goes to limbo and corrupts our listings by replacing our proper payment destination with the one they make. Repairs do not resolve. 

We can see that a buyer makes a payment but it will be stuck in pending - follow up on PayPal transaction ID provided by eBay directly with Paypal results in being informed that the transaction does not existing at all. 

We have worked around this by cancelling paid transactions and invoicing customers directly outside eBay through either PayPal or our direct website. Once the transaction has been cancelled in eBay, buyers have reported that it seems to take anywhere from a few hours to 72hrs before the payment made reverses on their end. 

This problem was identified when an unusual amount of buyers were complaining about issues paying for their purchases.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply