no option of linking my chequing account to ebay account

Hello,

I'm a new ebay seller and long time ebay buyer. I set up ebay cananda account to sell my Yohji Yamamoto archive (use my US account to buy for years). However, I don't see the option of linking my chequing account to ebay account under payment methods (only credit or debit card). Is this because I haven't listed anything yet? Any advices are appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you are going to be selling things on eBay you have to register for Managed Payments (this replaced PayPal several years back). You can link your bank account with Managed Payments and that is where payments would go once they are released by eBay. If you go to My eBay drop down menu and click "Selling" it should bring you to a place called sellers Hub, you can update your account settings there (prior to listing) or I think you are given step by step instructions when creating a new listing. Under Seller Hub once you've made sales it will show the status of "payments" to you there.

I would suggest starting with lower priced items at first until you get an idea of how it works, how fees are taken, etc. As a first time seller you will have to wait until proof of your item being delivered before your money is released. Do a little research on Managed Payments as that is what is necessary here for you to sell.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much! I will try it again! Been clicking different links the whole morning!!! And I will follow your advices on new listings!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You have to register on dotCA .

You have to use a Canadian bank.

You need to provide your chequing account information.

If you choose to use a Canadian bank account held in US dollars, the decision is final.

• Look hard at currency exchange questions.

You need secondary identification. You do not need your SIN.

• I used my passport. DH used his driving license.

Many sellers use online no fee separate accounts.

• Tangerine doesn't play nicely with eBay for unknown reasons.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply