CANADA POST SITTING ON MILLIONS OF PACKAGES FROM CHINA

I work for Canada Post and managment in Winnipeg's processing plant have been sitting on over 150 monos of packets (500 per mono) since before Christmas and they keep telling their staff that we make no money from deliving them so we just let them sit until we can find time (maybe summer) before local package volumes slow down. We have very little staff to process the packages and no overtime is offered. Even though managment and supervisory staff are at record staffing levels (record bonuses for only management $500,000,000 in 2016 alone). This is a disgrace and warrants a few heads to roll. Let your MP know and tell all your China sellers what is going on.
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

ca-perug
Community Member
Literally giving myself a high-five for deciding not to buy from china sellers after that one bad experience.
Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Finally the truth emerges! An item from china for .99 cents- what could cp get to deliver it ....3 cents- not worth bothering with so let it rot! Been waiting anywhere from 2-5 months for delivery to my home in a  major city. I see epacket is now available for about 5 bucks and gets delivered toute suite- this is the future I guess.

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

This is an allegation as oppose to evidence. It hasn't been substantiated. 

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

Before I read your post. I already felt somethings wrong. Almost half of my orders I didn't receive from China. I hope ebay Canada can do somethings for us.

I agree with you, why isn't ebay looking into this? they are loosing customers and probably sellers from all this, they should really do something about it.

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

This has been substantiated on the local Vancouver BC television news. I saw the news item in the last month showing tractor trailers full of Chinese packages being stored at the Canada Post Richmond sorting station. There may have been 50 or more trailers.

Their excuse is that they don't make any money on the packages and of course tried to lay some of the blame on Canada Customs.

I recently had a Chinese eBay purchase show up after six months!

eBay should contact Global BC TV news and get a copy of the news item.

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

The original post in this thread was related to Winnipeg. It has not been corroborated.
Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Also, the Canada Post Task Force indicated last fall
(October 2016) there was a backlog of Chinese mail in BC. It's not new news. At least to me it's not.
Message 27 of 38
latest reply

All of the Chinese packages come into Richmond BC including the Winnipeg bound. They don't get to Winnipeg until some basic location sorting is done.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

Correct.
Message 29 of 38
latest reply

I totally agree with this one... I've been waiting for well over two months from my order from China and today the company just said they will reship a new order because it has been so long.
Message 30 of 38
latest reply

1mpala
Community Member
I'm pretty sure it's still like that today (June 25 2018) I have 6 and soon 8 orders that didn't arrive before Estimated delivery date ... Sad thing is that NO ONE ever helps us out and the China sellers are the ones who have to resend or refund us and that's not fair for them ... And US because if they resend and in the end i get 2 items i will want to pay for the second one ... Ebay should at least try to do something IF there is something they can do !! Before my dad passed away he had a restaurant and he used to tell me that the guy ordering a french-fry is as important as the guy who orders lunch for a family of 6 ... Even if we buy small inexpensive stuff we still need it !! Someone should tell that to Canada Post !!
Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Same here !!
Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Sad thing is that i don't think Ebay cares ... They still make millions of $$$ and that problem as been there for a long time !! But i might be wrong !!
Message 33 of 38
latest reply

What is frustrating and a pattern I am seeing is I will often select a seller from China that offers a tracking option and faster delivery for an additional cost. They take just as long which leads me to believe that some sellers are just pocketing the extra money and shipping the usual manner. The tracking numbers rarely ever work, and I am sure they just recycle the same old number.

I have had other packages from China sent with the requested tracking and faster shipping at additional cost and they generally will arrive on time.

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info but nothing you stated surprises me....most businesses today private and government are cutting down on staff...except management types over paid I might add...

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

ZOMBIE POST FROM FEBRUARY 2017.

The problem with zombie posts is that the information in them is often out of date and incorrect.

@happy_pigeon

Since the UPU negotiated an agreement with China Post in Fall of 2016, the cost to Western postal systems of delivering Chinese untracked packages has dropped. China Post is slowly raising their international shipping rates.

The UPU signatories had implemented a 'work to rule' on these low value untracked items, and the result was exactly what was described by the postal worker in the first post.

And China Post finally caved.  Then the other systems started clearing the backlog.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

@wecurl

today the company just said they will reship a new order

SCAM!!

There is a very good chance that nothing was ever sent, in the belief that most buyers will forget the purchase, many will not worry about such a small amount, some will agree to a replacement  which won't be sent either.

The few who demand a refund will be offset by the many who don't. And the scammer keeps those payments.

Refuse the replacement and demand a refund.

If the seller refuses that, and he has already schmoozed you past the eBay Dispute deadline, you have 180 days from purchase to file a Paypal Dispute.

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

zombie.jpg

Message 38 of 38
latest reply