Canada Only Saved Searches

mmur1
Community Member

Is there any way I can get subscribed emails from saved searches to only display Canadian sellers?    I find that any saved searches from my email default to American sellers from Ebay.com, even if I create them in Ebay.ca or use the 'Canada only' option.    Saved searches work properly if I go through Ebay.ca, but it would be nice if I could get the email subscriptions to work as well.   

Thank you.     

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the tag @momcqueen!

Hi @mmur1 - saved search emails will always default to the original site registration of your account. For instance, if you originally registered your account on eBay.com, you would receive search emails for .com sellers regardless of your saved search preferences on other eBay sites. 

The only way to alter that would be to change your site registration id. You can work with Customer Service directly to request that!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

What would happen if you unsave and then resave your searches to Canada Only WHILE logged into eBay.ca? Is it possible that would help?

Your request does not seem unreasonable. I’d like to think it’s not a difficult one for eBay to address.

.... Or that’s what you’ve always done...?
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hello momcqueen,

I tried that, and I even deleted and remade all of my searches in Ebay.ca.   Despite this, the saved searches still default to Ebay.com.      I do receive other emails from Ebay.ca, and I find it funny that search subscriptions don't seem to work, unless there is something that I'm missing.   

Thanks for the reply.   

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Hmm. We might need to tag eBay staff and have them look into this for us. It seems like the feature isn’t working as intended.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

How do we do that? I searched and I couldn't find a way to tag a staff member.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I’ll do it, thank you for reminding me. It has to be done at a desktop; the mobile version doesn’t support that feature but basically you use the @ and type a name until it shows up in the drop down and you pick it.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Great. Thanks.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Tyler, could you look into this for us? I know there have been issues in the past with Saved Searches not always behaving as expected but this user is trying to get emails that reflect his ebay.ca Saved Search choices of Canada Only and they keep reverting to American. Is there any way to fix that? 

Thanks.

tyler@ebay

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @momcqueen!

Hi @mmur1 - saved search emails will always default to the original site registration of your account. For instance, if you originally registered your account on eBay.com, you would receive search emails for .com sellers regardless of your saved search preferences on other eBay sites. 

The only way to alter that would be to change your site registration id. You can work with Customer Service directly to request that!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

HI  tyler@ebay,

Thanks for the reply and the solution.  

Is there any way I can contact Customer Service without having to call in?     

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@mmur1 wrote:

HI  tyler@ebay,

Thanks for the reply and the solution.  

Is there any way I can contact Customer Service without having to call in?     

Hi @mmur1 - good question! If you'd rather not call, we have a great social media customer service team. They work on Facebook and Twitter and are available most hours of the day. 

In addition to letting them know what you're looking for, if you provide your registered email address, first and last name on file and post code on the account they can dive directly into your situation and reduce the back-and-forth they sometimes need to do. 

Also, send them a private message, don't post your private info publicly!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Great. Thanks for the help. 🙂
Message 12 of 12
latest reply