Canada Post

chrismick
Community Member
Okay, so basically i want to buy something and have it ship directly to a canada post near where i live. They told i had to simply write the office's address as the shipment address. Then when they receive it, they were going to send me a notice. However, my question is, if i write their address as my shipment address, how are they going to know where i live so they can send me the notice? I don't really understand the whole primary address concept
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Canada Post

That's not going to work unless you have rented a post office box at your local office. 

Is this a domestic purchase? If so, your seller/sender can request via Canada Post that the item is held for pick-up (deliver notice card only) or ask for Do Not Safe Drop or other features. If you don't want this item sent to your home, you'll need a Secondary Address but it must be a valid one. Like your workplace or somewhere that people can receive it and know to whom it belongs.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Canada Post

That's not going to work unless you have rented a post office box at your local office. 

Is this a domestic purchase? If so, your seller/sender can request via Canada Post that the item is held for pick-up (deliver notice card only) or ask for Do Not Safe Drop or other features. If you don't want this item sent to your home, you'll need a Secondary Address but it must be a valid one. Like your workplace or somewhere that people can receive it and know to whom it belongs.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Canada Post

chrismick
Community Member
Thanks alot!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply