Deleted Review

chasai53
Community Member

I got a fake LV bag from a seller, I confirmed that the bag was a fake by 2 authentication companies, I posted a review stating that the bag was fake but eBay deleted my review.  Today, after sending the info to the authorities (RCMP Criminal Intelligence Analytical Unit), it was confirmed that the bag was a fake and my Credit Card company will be returning my money back from the seller.  What I am worried is that my review was deleted and would like to warm other sellers, how to I get eBay my information about the seller.  I was also told that they have contacted eBay but would like to prevent any other buyer purchasing a counterfeit product.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Deleted Review

When you get an item that is Not As Described, your first step should be to open an Item Not As Described dispute with eBay.

The resolution centre is at the bottom of this page.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller. This doesn't mean get into an involved discussion with him.

All you want is a Return Shipping Label and a refund. You may not even want to return the purse m which you believe is counterfeit.

You have 30 days from delivery to do this.

On return delivery, you will be refunded by the seller or by eBay.

If you miss the deadline, you can turn toPaypal who allow 180 days from delivery for a Dispute.

Their Resolution Centre is at the top of each PP account page under Tools.

PP requires unhappy buyers to return the unwanted item themselves, with Proof of Delivery.

On receiving Proof, you will be refunded by the seller or by PP.

Going to your credit card is the last step. Nothing about a credit card refund shows on the seller's account and he goes scot-free.

When you say you left a review- do you mean you left Feedback? EBay does not use FB in assessing seller accounts, so it is basically useless. FB will be removed however if vulgarity, namecalling or mention of Disputes is in the FB.

Reviews as such are product reviews, not transaction reviews and appear on all current and future listings of the same product. If you mentioned the seller or that you believe the item you bought was counterfeit, that would appear on hundreds of listings for authentic bags. A few complaints and eBay will remove such a review.

Since the RCMP is now involved, and you have a police report number, the criminal justice system is in play. The seller if he is in North America can expect a visit from the FBI or the RCMP any day now.

This means he will be closed down.

However, he would have been closed down weeks ago if you had made your first complaint through the eBay Resolution Centre and you would have had your money back long since.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Deleted Review

By the way.

Feedback is useful in one way.

If a seller has less than 98% positive feedback, he is a questionable seller. If he is inChina or shipping from China, anything under 99% is poor.

And READ the feedback. You can check negative and neutral FB by clicking on the numbers.

Look for patterns. For example, if most of the negs say the item is a fake, don't bother buying unless you collect fakes for the lulz.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply