Dispute case in progress

Hi, hope someone can help. I never received an item even after expecting date so i opened a dispute case. I requested for a refund but seller offered another option (re sent). Since I need the item, i said yes resend it and provide tracking #. Then he replied saying ok we resend you and want to close the case. I was thinking what if i dont get it on the 2ed attempt if i close the case. So I googled and see others say (only request refund, caz after closing a case you cant re open even u cant get it at the end and most likely if first time i dont receive it then i wont) I immediately tell seller about dont resend and i still want refund. Seller replied saying he already send out so i asked for tracking # like i mention but was given a tracking number that i google cant FIND. What should i do? Can i leave the dispute case open and demand for refund still? ><

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Dispute case in progress

but seller offered another option (re sent).

Almost always a scam.

ok we resend you and want to close the case.

Definitely a scam.

I immediately tell seller about dont resend and i still want refund.

Good move.

Seller replied saying he already send out

He's lying*.

was given a tracking number that i google cant FIND.

What is the number ? Some posters here can help you find it-- if it is a real number.

What country is he shipping from?

He's definitely lying.

EBay has a Money Back Guarantee.

You have opened an Item Not Received dispute. Good!

It is time to Escalate the Dispute to a Claim, ask eBay to step in.

The seller must prove DELIVERY (not shipping, delivery) or he must refund you.

There are three problems here.

The offer of a replacement instead of a refund.

The request that you close the Dispute.

The unworkable tracking number.

Do not let this Dispute end by timing out.

Note that in addition to eBay, you are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection policy for 180 days from the date of payment.

*And he probably never sent the first one either.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply