Do I need a customs form when shipping UPS to the US?

I haven't shipped to the US in quite a while on Ebay.  I chose to ship UPS to the US but I only got the actual shipping label to print. What about the customs forms? Do I need to print them and if so, I didn't get an option. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Previously, it was mandatory to put at least 3 copies of the commercial invoice in the bill of lading pouch, but it's mostly electronically integrated now. If you did fill out a custom form (what's the product, origin, HS Code, value, etc.) when using the shipping software, then the full info is in the code printed on it.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is there a barcode or a QR block on the label?
That's the customs form.

Most shipping is automated and therobots can read the codes but not the words.

If you put a "fragile"or "do not bend" sticker on a parcel, theonly ones who see it will be your customer and possibly the actual carrier attemptng to stuff a 5cm packet through a 3cm slot.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes there is a barcode. I have a shop on Etsy and when I print the UPS label for the US, I have to print up the actual label, plus 3 customs forms, so I wanted to make sure. Thanks so much.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I sent one out a few days ago and there were no extra customs forms. I think it's probably built into the QR code on the label.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Previously, it was mandatory to put at least 3 copies of the commercial invoice in the bill of lading pouch, but it's mostly electronically integrated now. If you did fill out a custom form (what's the product, origin, HS Code, value, etc.) when using the shipping software, then the full info is in the code printed on it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you , that's good to know!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your help! I didn't realize that I no longer needed the 3 copies and it's not electronically integrated. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply